Online Links and Deals :: 500 gph Pondmaster filter kit $51 new!

Found a great deal or something useful? Link us up! Do not solicit business here.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:59 pm   500 gph Pondmaster filter kit $51 new!

http://www.amazon.com/Pondmaster-FHK500-Filter-AquaBell-Fountain/dp/B0002ASXGQ

I can't believe this deal. I ordered one on Saturday so I'm waiting for it to come come. I'm VERY excited!
Leisl
Max- Lab mix
Wally- Shar pei mix
Sugar and Candy -my first suggies
Turtlette (Sweet Girl)-RES
Fibonacci-the golden mystery snail
sillyleisl

Post Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:57 am   

That's an amazing price. I wonder if there's a catch?
SpotsMama
SpotsMama
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:57 am   

Yeah, I know. It sounds like there HAS to be. But I'll update to let you know what happens. Although, I'm already impressed. It said on the product page that it would ship out in like 4-5 days, but after I ordered it they emailed me anyways to reiterate that it would take 4-5 days to ship because it comes from a different state than most of their other stuff. They wanted to give me the option of canceling the order if I hadn't seen that while ordering. I thought that was nice. I"ll make sure to post an update here.
Leisl
Max- Lab mix
Wally- Shar pei mix
sillyleisl

Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:58 am   

Although it was purchased via amazon.com the actual person you sent the money to and are buying from is Uncle Joe's. Their store rating is 4.9/5.0 and their rating is around 99% so I wouldn't be too concerned.
Kallistos

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:10 pm   

*big sigh* It was too good to be true. The filter did not come in the kit. It only came with the pump, the fountain kit, and the pre-filter. It's taken so long to update because I've been emailing the seller back and forth to see if this is what they were supposed to send me. I was hoping it was a mistake. He said it was the same as what was on the internet. I've emailed him again to say it's not, but he said before that this is the only product they had like that. So, I'll probably be returning it. I'm hoping not to have to pay for shipping it back. Waiting on his response to that. Here is the pic from the net and outlined in red is what was not included.

Oh yeah, I'm not the only victim. Someone else has since commented saying the same thing. *sigh*
Leisl
Max- Lab mix
Wally- Shar pei mix
sillyleisl

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:33 pm   

That's a lot to be missing. I remember reading the link you gave and thought I saw the filter included as well. It even mentions filter in the link. The pump is 500 GPH? That's still slightly (about $5) cheaper than you would normally buy the pump for at big al's (unless they changed their prices). If you did keep it, you could get a Pondmaster 1000 for about $35 from big al's.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:38 pm   

Wow that sucks! :(
DavidY

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:32 pm   

I know. They seem to want to try to help though. They say if I return it that they will pay to have it shipped back so that's good. But maybe I'll check Big Al's like Marisa suggested (thanks for the info). It does seem like he's trying to fix it the best he can and it must be some kind of mistake. I just can't believe that no one else has complained to him that they didn't get the filter part. We'll see how it pans out...
Leisl
Max- Lab mix
Wally- Shar pei mix
sillyleisl

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:12 am   

That seems like false advertising to me. That's good that he's accomodating though. Maybe that's why he doesn't get many negative feedback. And if the pump is still cheaper than other places, well, maybe most people after complaining to him just give in and say "oh well it's a good deal on the pump at least". Either way though, it's false advertising and someone should at least mention that in their feedback. :?
DavidY

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:31 pm   

If he wants to fix things for potential buyers, he should not show that Pondmaster filter in the picture, which is really misleading. His idea of filter must be the prefilter, which you said you got.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:36 am   

I don't think he knew anything about the product at all because it got shipped from another warehouse so he never sees it. I actually think it may have been an Amazon mistake? I'm not sure how things get listed on there, but I went back and it's now fixed so no one else will have the same problem now. So, that's good at least.
Leisl
Max- Lab mix
Wally- Shar pei mix
sillyleisl

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:38 am   

Yup, I just followed the link that I originally posted and now it takes you to a pic without the filter on it. Only a pre-filter is shown now.
Leisl
Max- Lab mix
Wally- Shar pei mix
sillyleisl

Return to Online Links and Deals