Online Links and Deals :: Does Big Als ship to canada??

Found a great deal or something useful? Link us up! Do not solicit business here.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:12 am   Does Big Als ship to canada??

Does Big Als ship to Canada? I sure would love it if they did :D. I looked on the site, and maybe I missed it, but im not sure if they do or not.

Im getting a new tank for christmas, and the rena XP filters are going to cost more then the tank itself if I buy from the stores around here! The deal Al has going on is so perfect! Its like a $100 dollar difference!
Cim*Forever

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:23 am   

Pretty sure they don't. And the prices on Big Al's Canadian site are way higher. Check out http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/mainpage.php. They are a good company to deal with and their prices are pretty good.

Edit: I just checked http://www.bigalsonline.ca/ and their prices have been lowered since the last time I looked. Maybe they are finally dropping prices to reflect the strong Canadian dollar.
thegrandpoohbah

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:58 am   

Ohhh, theres a .ca site! I didn't know haha. Thank you :)
Cim*Forever

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:52 am   

I was just going to say, I think there's a bigals in Burlington
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:37 pm   

Umm theres big als in canada so they should have no issue shipping around. Where i live in ottawa theres two in the city
Two RES : Morris And Orion
Mandyb

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:06 pm   

I find BigAls Canada a total rip-off. Their prices are up to twice the price of the US price.
Depending on what you're looking for, if you're looking for some more pricey items, check out ReptileSupply.com. Shipping to Canada starts at about $23, but if you're buying, say $50, or $100 worth, shipping still isn't much more than $25.
Compared to prices in Canadian stores/bigals Canada, you save a lot, even if shipping is a bit more.

Anyhow, that's just what I've found in my quest for supplies :P
­Ralpheal, "The 'L' is silent."
Frankie, "Young at heart."
BullDog

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:40 pm   

Bulldog, you may want to do some price comparisons again. I've been price checking RENA Filstar cannister filers and found that http://www.bigalsonline.ca is actually cheaper ($159cdn for the XP3) than US websites for the same product.

Based on my past experience with 'importing' (buying online) from the US, by the time you pay customs/duty (applicable to anything valued over $20cdn), tax, and higher shipping, the item ends up costing much more than just buying locally. Add to that the fact that most US online sites will not ship to Canada.

I know that buying at Big Al's stores is typically more expensive than buying online, but even the stores are still cheaper than the competition (Petsmart, PJs Pets, Reptilia) on most items, at least here in Toronto. They do have about a dozen or so stores in Ontario so that may have some impact on pricing as well.
1 RES, Spike (In new home with 1xPleco, 1xRed Zebra Cichlid, 1xYellow Lab Cichlid)
2 Cats, Blossom & Panda
2 Tropical tanks (plecos, platies, tetras)
2 Handsome Blue Bettas, Blueberry & ?
1 Bright Red Betta, Strawberry
1 Feeder guppy breeding tank
Fuzzy Hamster

Return to Online Links and Deals