Online Links and Deals :: Site O.K.?

Found a great deal or something useful? Link us up! Do not solicit business here.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:58 pm   Site O.K.?

I got a new red eared slider recently and was looking for care information online. I found this site in addition to a few others. I really liked turtleinfo.webs.com and was wondering what y'all thought about it. Is it accurate? It seemed to be pretty good to me, but a little basic.
newresowner

Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:06 pm   

The main site here is the best complete site for RES info I have ever found. www.redearslider.com Read through the whole site, you will see that this site hands down is better than the one you linked.
http://chrisredearslider.blogspot.com/
1.0 Red Ear Slider-Squirt
37g-Dwarf Gourami/Peaceful Comm. tank
1.0 Axolotl-Axle
0.1 Dog-Leia
Chrisbarnett

Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:15 pm   

before i got my turtle i looked all over the net trying to find a helpful site. like chris said, this site is hands down the best. its information is accurite and everyone here is very helpful. once i found this site i read over the main site MANY times in order to prepare myself. after months of research on this site i was confident i was bringing my turtle into a habitat that was healthy for him.
Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall. Torque is how far you move a wall

1.0.0 Red Ear Slider-Cujo
0.2.0 part Boston Terrier part Pugs-Hershey and Lilly
Daniel3507

Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:46 pm   

There are a few more sites worth reading! http://www.redearslider.com/reading_list.html
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:22 pm   

I like austin's turtle page too and look at it occasionally. But it is broadly dedicated to many species of turtles including res. Their forum seems to have several long-term breeders of turtles. They have good suggestions and interesting setups. But the community here cant be beat - kuddos to Steve, spotsmama, marisa and all of the moderators for a job well done.
Mom to:

1 RES - Tuck
3 Cats - Max, Theo, & Smokey
Lots of mollies and platies
1 Pleco - Spot
1 brand new betta
AND
2 very wild and creative 6 year old humans!
mat012

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:03 pm   

I like austin turtle page because it has a lot of basic information for a lot of different species. But like mat said, you can't replace the community feel of this site.
~Christi
1.0 RES: Mikey R.I.P.
1.0 Het for Albino Red Tail Boa: Kaa ~adopted out
0.0.1 Northern BTS: Petri ~now a well-loved class pet

1.0 Am. Staff Mix: Brutus R.I.P.
1.0 German Shepherd: Pax

1.0 Husband: Will
0.1 Daughter: Lily
untsmurf

Return to Online Links and Deals