Online Links and Deals :: I need help.

Found a great deal or something useful? Link us up! Do not solicit business here.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:12 am   I need help.

I desperately need a new tank.

I need to buy 75 gallon + but i don't know whats a good price or whats ripping me off. if anyone could help me find a good deal that would be great.
I have 4 baby RES. Their names are, Bob, Motzarella, Mr.Turtle, and Mrs. Turtle.
Pictures can be found here
http://s408.photobucket.com/albums/pp16 ... 6446dd.pbw
Sniffa

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:04 pm   

Lowest price i see them go for is $150

If you need a tank that bad, if you dont mind looks setup a rubbermaid one till you can actually find a good price on a tank or save a whole lot of money and just stick with the rubbermaid one.
Instagram: Diamondbacks4Life
Diamondbacks4Life

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:55 pm   

That sounds like a pretty good idea. Do you know of any stores that world sell them or would i have to order it? and what online store would you trust.
I have 4 baby RES. Their names are, Bob, Motzarella, Mr.Turtle, and Mrs. Turtle.
Sniffa

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:41 pm   

I bought my 75 gallon for $125. It was owned by a private collector, but brand new (still in the packaging). The guy was going to do a fish room, but decided not to. My 90 gallon was $250 new, but the store put it on sale because it had a couple scratches on it.
A new 75 gal in the pet stores here seems to run $200-300, which to me seems ridiculous. The price will vary depending on what kind of area you're in. I'm in a smaller town, so the prices are higher. If you're in a big city, the prices will be less.

For the stock tank, you should be able to find one at a farm/tractor supply store.
­Ralpheal, "The 'L' is silent."
Frankie, "Young at heart."
BullDog

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:47 am   

Since you're in texas, a stock tank would be your best bet. You can get a much larger capacity (up to around 300 gallons) for the price of a 75 gallon tank. Find a tractor supply store like Bulldog suggested.
~Christi
1.0 RES: Mikey R.I.P.
1.0 Het for Albino Red Tail Boa: Kaa ~adopted out
0.0.1 Northern BTS: Petri ~now a well-loved class pet

1.0 Am. Staff Mix: Brutus R.I.P.
1.0 German Shepherd: Pax

1.0 Husband: Will
0.1 Daughter: Lily
untsmurf

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:13 am   

A few of our pet stores do $1.00 per gallon sales on any size tank, so a 75 gallon would be $75.00. Ask around about sales.
wiccabrat

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:10 am   

sniffa, to answer your second question, a rubbermaid bin can be as large as 50 gallons I believe, and you can get them at Walmart or pretty much anywhere similar. They will run you around $15-25. The only catch is, since it's a thin plastic, you should inspect the bin daily to make sure no cracks or holes have developed.

A good place to check tank prices is glasscages.com. My theory is, if they can't beat GlassCages prices, I can always order one in! So I use GlassCages as the upper end of pricing.
JAX
- - -
Baby Boy - January 9th, 2011! (3 months old)
1 RES - 7" long - Umi (3.5 years old)
1 black lab/hound mix - Josie (1.5 year old)
2 cats - Mysti and Molly (6.5 years old)
TheComputerGremlin

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:45 am   

The dollar per gallon sale at petco only goes up to 55 gallons...I saw a 75 gallon for 100 bucks at a local store but at chains they run significantly higher.
adam85491

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:23 am   

Im checking out the galsscages site. Seems to be alot of different types of tanks.

Which type of tank is best? I mean theres Terrariums, Aquariums, Turtle Tanks,
and so much more. I'm just not sure whats the best thing for turtles.

And im also wondering if instead of 1 huge tank should i get maybe 2 or 3 smaller tanks. i had my first turtle aggression problems today :(
Sniffa

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:50 pm   

Terrariums = land animals, it won't hold water.

Aquarium = able to be filled with water.

Turtle tanks = aquarium with a glass basking area built in, pretty cool!

Glass = heavier, less likely to be scratched.

Acrylic = lighter, frequently scratched up by turtle claws over time.

2-3 smaller tanks is often better, esp. if you think aggression will continue. I would recommend getting the biggest tanks you can, because otherwise, you may need to upgrade again, which will get expensive. Do you know genders yet? A 75 gallon can often last a male for a lifetime, just as a 90-100 gallon can last a female. The other option is to rehome a few of your turtles to a friend or family member.
JAX
- - -
Baby Boy - January 9th, 2011! (3 months old)
1 RES - 7" long - Umi (3.5 years old)
1 black lab/hound mix - Josie (1.5 year old)
2 cats - Mysti and Molly (6.5 years old)
TheComputerGremlin

Post Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:49 am   

Well they always seem to get kinda aggressive during feeding. and once i get the new tank i will put them in the old tank 1 by 1 for feeding.
As for genders i have no clue. Way to small for me to tell.

I originally only wanted 1 turtle but my sister insisted we get 4 :?

Thanks for all the help :D
Sniffa

Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:37 pm   Re: I need help.

Check privately owned pet stores, and wierd combo stores that also sell pets and supplies. My favorite local place is Franklin Hardware and Pet Supplies. Lizards, snakes, turtles, fish, pet supplies of all kinds... and for months on end they have had a mountain of Marineland aquariums ranging from 20 gallons to 75 gallons priced at $1 per gallon. Gonna score myself a new 75 if I can just stop buying used smaller ones for reptiles off craigslist.
55 gallon tank with a 4.5 inch RES, 2 Sarrassa Comets, 2 Red Tetras, 1 Giant Danio, 1 Black Fin Tetra, 1 Rosey Red, 2 Golden Chinese Algae Eaters, 1 Pleco, and 4 red claw crabs... too much? Ok, I'll get a bigger tank.
ErikP

Return to Online Links and Deals