Online Links and Deals :: Canada Turtle Shopping

Found a great deal or something useful? Link us up! Do not solicit business here.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:02 am   Canada Turtle Shopping

I've looked around and I can barely find any Canadian sites that sell turtle products. Most of them are from the US and I don't want to pay shipping fees.
Anyone know places/online sites?
KoopaTroopa

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:36 pm   

Are the shipping fees actually that much more then they would be if you got one on a Canadian site? Remember that they are shipping you a live animal, so they have to do an overnight airmail so that it gets there quick and alive. This means that shipping is expensive. I got mine from marc at the turtle source. H ships out of Florida and I live in Missouri. Shipping was a flat fee of 39.95 or so, the shipping is just going to be expensive either way. Not sure that Marc will ship out of the states though just FYI.
xstefanx

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:16 pm   

xstafanx - Most US sites charge $20 or more to ship to Canada. Petco charges $50 for a $12 item!!!

I've ordered from reptilesupply.com. Their shipping costs are over $20, but they don't go up if you order a lot of things. I ordered 2 large boxes of reptomin, some turtle bone (because it was on sale), and a thermometer, and shipping was about $25. At the time, it was worth it, because even taking the shipping into account the reptomin worked out cheaper than anywhere else I could buy it. Just be aware that customs fees may apply.

There's www.bigalsonline.ca, but I find their prices are quite high to start with, unless something is on sale. I've ordered a few things from them (including one of my FX5s, when it was on sale for $250).

One that I haven't bought from yet, but plan to in the near future is www.petsandponds.com. It's a Canadian based site, and shipping is only $7.99 if you order over $40. I was going to order some Reptomin from them soon (it's a pretty good price), and their reptiglo CFLs are a really good price (Only $13.49!).
Another BC person recommended them on another forum.
­Ralpheal, "The 'L' is silent."
Frankie, "Young at heart."
BullDog

Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:34 am   

BullDog wrote:xstafanx - Most US sites charge $20 or more to ship to Canada. Petco charges $50 for a $12 item!!!

I've ordered from reptilesupply.com. Their shipping costs are over $20, but they don't go up if you order a lot of things. I ordered 2 large boxes of reptomin, some turtle bone (because it was on sale), and a thermometer, and shipping was about $25. At the time, it was worth it, because even taking the shipping into account the reptomin worked out cheaper than anywhere else I could buy it. Just be aware that customs fees may apply.

There's www.bigalsonline.ca, but I find their prices are quite high to start with, unless something is on sale. I've ordered a few things from them (including one of my FX5s, when it was on sale for $250).

One that I haven't bought from yet, but plan to in the near future is www.petsandponds.com. It's a Canadian based site, and shipping is only $7.99 if you order over $40. I was going to order some Reptomin from them soon (it's a pretty good price), and their reptiglo CFLs are a really good price (Only $13.49!).
Another BC person recommended them on another forum.

Yeah Big Al's is overpriced.
I probably going to get stuff from petsandponds.

Does anyone know where I can get Quikrete sand in Vancouver?
KoopaTroopa

Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:01 am   

I realize this is a super old post but i just wanted to mention that i have ordered from pets and ponds.com before and would highly reccomend them! i have ordered from them twice now and both times there prices were best, and free shipping over 200$. its always been really great, and quick replys.
Pretty much as newb as they come.
zum14

Return to Online Links and Deals