Photo Gallery :: New 90g/40g "L"-shaped tank setup

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:33 pm   

Yes, we use it (cyanoacrylate) all the time to glue coral cuttings to small pieces of rubble for propogation in the saltwater reef hobby.
DavidY

Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:53 am   

wow, I'm very impressed with the finished product. (my internet has been down for a few days...) it looks very nice, i'm sure all three are happy to have the chance for alone time now... now i'm trying to convince my husband i need another tank to make a similar setup...
>>kate<<
1.0.0 Red Eared Slider: Ethel
0.1.0 Gulf Coast Box Turtle: Bertha
0.0.1 False Tomato Frog:: Paco
1.0.1 Albino ACFs: Guillermo and Carlos
1.0.0 Pit Bull Terrier: Rocco
1.0.0 Black Lab/Mastiff: Bert
1.0.0 Orange Kitten: Baxter
kmichael55

Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:07 pm   

I like the "cat approved" technique. That's exactly how my set-ups usually go! LOL

I love when everyone posts pics and ideas like this. It really gives some creative ideas on how to get past space and money hurdles most of us have! I eventually would love to build a basking area similar that's on top of the aquarium instead of in it. To give even more room to swim and to add some live plants. :)
tissigirl

Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:00 pm   

David, I've been in aww! for the past 30 minutes. Commendable/Outstanding job!!
Im not kidding, U and Grey Goose or (whoever acts fast enuff) should build,
patent and distribute the "L-shaped turt tanks." I'm new to the game so I dont
even know if they already exist, but if they dont, i'd hop on that. So when im
ready to upgrade MY tank, I will be ready to buy an "L-shape turt tank" from u
guys. :D
2 RES: Tommy & Sincere, 4 yrs.

I have more PICS and VIDS of my RES here, please visit:
http://gallery.me.com/zthf20#100029
zdub20

Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:45 pm   

:shock: David, that looks amazing!!! I'm in awe! It all looks so professional, it's gorgeous! I just can't get over it... And by the way, how big is Pilot now, she looks huge in the one picture. Anyway, just had to gush a little bit! :D
octpusgirl8

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:39 pm   

Thanks! :D

zdub, nah it's too hard to manufacturer and ship a product like that. But if I ever get around to building custom habitats for others (as a side business) it will be one of my offerings.

octpusgirl8, Pilot was 7" last time I measured her a couple of months ago, but she looks like she's getting close to 8" now. :)
DavidY

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:14 pm   

david that setup it rediculas
twiggy (res)
fiddler crabs - 4
henrey - paddle tail newt
sean rose

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:22 pm   

:twisted:
DavidY

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:45 am   

just wondering about this, don't they go crazy over trying to get the plants, beacuse they can see the plants in the 40 gal aquarium form the 90 gallon aquarium? Just wondering :)

great setup, I think I am going to do osmehting like this when my turtles get bigger! I have 2 babies right now taht are just 1.5 inches so I'll have a few years to plan it!
cooleststan

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:13 am   

Yea, they definitely want in cause that's where the minnows hide too. But they figured it out pretty quickly that they couldn't get in there and every now and then one of the minnows gets venturous and swims out into the open and the turtles love that. :) As far as the plants are concerned, I think they've learned that there are just some plants that they can eat and others that they can't (like the plastic ones). So they figure the ones in the cage are of the "can't eat" variety. I usually feed them enough greens so there are some leftovers, usually pieces of their not-so-favorite types of lettuce.

If you have the time to do it, you can slowly save up your money and keep your eye out on craigslist.com or other places for some really good deals. That's what I did. I got the 40 gallon for $40 at Petco during their once a year $1 per gallon sale. Then I found the 90 gallon on craigslist for $75 several months later and it's in perfect condition!
DavidY

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:12 am   

How is it going with this setup? Are they favoring one tank over the other? Could you use one tank for feeding and one for "chilling out"?
I'm still intrigued with the thought of setting up two 90 gallon tanks in this style. If only I can find a corner in my house that would hold it (maybe I could sell some furniture.....hmmmmm). :P
"Make it turtle proof, and they'll build a better turtle."
grey goose

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:57 pm   

Sweet setup. I might try to do somthing like this in the future because I have an extra 55 gallon, it has some leaks but I can always fix that. Might have to sell a kidney for all the extra stuff, but hey its just a kidney right.... :)
RES-Ivan
Blue Flamingo

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:14 pm   

I can't see the pictures. All I get is red X's.....
3 turtles,
3 cats,
& fish.
emma

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:21 am   

Did you look through all the pages because the first page's pics all had the red X's. But not the rest.
RES-Ivan
Blue Flamingo

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:27 pm   

Oh yepp! I can see them now thanks!... thats a great idea with the tanks!!
3 turtles,
3 cats,
& fish.
emma

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Gallery