Photo Gallery :: Jasmine's new home

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:50 pm   Jasmine's new home

my baby is happy now!
my home- made bio-system
Jasmine's remodeled home! She now has a full 60 gals to swim in!
tubbie_turtle

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:54 pm   

Very nice! I'm sure she appreciates the extra room. :)

One thing, though--is the UVB light a tube flourescent? If so, you need to take the cover off. Barriers like that will filter out the UVB rays.

And I'm going to assume that there's some kind of barrier around the top of the tank so she can't get out...

Are you going to add any decorations?
Last edited by marisa on Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:54 pm   

great set up.. a bit bare for my taste but that's such a subjective thing :)

How in the world did you make that basking area.. or where did you get it. I've been wanting to make something like that for my turtles..
Carol
cam722
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:17 pm   

The cover is made of rain gutter shield...hard plastic with 1/2" holes in it. The light is sitting on top of that.....no cover on it.
I do intend to add deco to it...need to get to the pet store. I'm disabled...so have to depend on others to get me places.
The basking area was basically all ready there....it is a piece of glass that supported the glass top. I used the glass top to build up the sides of the aquarium with thin hardboard for the sides. Then used the gutter shield to create the ramps. Glued with aquarium sealant. Intend to ad cork to top of glass basking area.....if she will let me. Every time I try she climbs up there and gives me the evil eye. I think she's afraid I will take it away! =)
tubbie_turtle

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:49 pm   

dat looks sickk, i luv wut u did for a basking spot! hows big is jasmine btw? also wut size tank? she looks very happy and good luck w/ the decorations!
TrooperRES

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:24 pm   

Very clever to use the materials they way you did. (And we have the same idea about covering the basking area :) ). Am looking forward to see how you decorate it.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:25 pm   

Very nice setup :D
Reyna - 2.25"
Orion - 2.25"

Were 1.3" and 1.4" when I got them on May 12, 2005
therizman1

Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:05 am   

Wow, that's a very clever setup! I bet she loves it.
Sid Vicious, Baby RES
Cats: Soxie, Nera, and Minksie. All mixed breeds. And Spike, a Norwegian Forest Cat.

"I never realized that looking at the tears would make me laugh, and looking at the laughs would make me cry." ~Unknown
pretty.rock.machine

Post Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:56 pm   

I know this is a little delayed post, but is the glass around the top glued to the tank itself? I want to do something like that to my tank, but if I glue it to the top like that, I'm not sure how I can reach in if I need to grab something lol.
1.0.0 RES - Leonardo - 4.75"
Brianthedog18

Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:53 pm   

No, just the corners are glued with aquarium sealent. that way it can be removed for cleaning and such
tubbie_turtle

Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:06 pm   

Awesome, does anyone know if you can just buy glass that is cut to whatever measurments you can buy? That looks like a great idea and it would work perfectly in my tank, I just need to make sure I can get it to fit!
1.0.0 RES - Leonardo - 4.75"
Brianthedog18

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:30 am   

if you go to a glass/window store you can get it to exact measurement
tubbie_turtle

Return to Photo Gallery