Photo Gallery :: some kewl pics

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:33 pm   some kewl pics

[img][img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b199/rascal_louie01/turtles/P1010140.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b199/rascal_louie01/turtles/P1010132.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b199/rascal_louie01/turtles/P1010131.jpg[/img][/img]
louie&rascal01

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:38 pm   

oh my goodness, your turtles is badly pyramiding, i suggest you cut down the calcium (is it calcium? or protein? someone clarify) massivly, what are you feeding him? its probably one of the closest ones to the fully formed stage, how old is he? if he is young you can cut the pyramiding down, if he is almost full grown though, i doubt you can help it...

i'm sorry, but it looks painful to the turtle.
Elliott
ellman605

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:42 pm   

well ive had then for like 6 months and i feed them once a day and i feed them reptomin, like 10 pellets betwwen both of them. when i got them they were like the size of a quarter.
louie&rascal01

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:50 pm   

any veggies? how much calicum intake, how often do they bask, any other information you can give, look in my signature for what to fill out.
Elliott
ellman605

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:52 pm   

occasionally i give them lettace and carrots. how do i know the calcium intake? and they bask all the time, like im not sure the amount of time but really often
louie&rascal01

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:54 pm   

Too much protein leads to pyramiding. Your turt is being fed too much and he's growing too fast. Not only does it not look right on the outside, but it can lead to organ failure if left untreated. It also shortens the lifespan.

Your turtle should be fed the amount that would fit inside his head every other day at the most. Make sure to provide lots of veggies, calcium and uvb light every day. Hopefully his growth will slow down.
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:54 pm   

fill out the page located in my sig, they need pellets, the size of their head, every OTHER day, and lettuce/some other type of veggie EVERY day, look in food&nutrition section for what to feed, they NEED a well balanced diet.
Elliott
ellman605

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:56 pm   

You can give them a piece of cuttlebone for calcium. Just make sure they have UVB light (to absorb the calcium in their diet) and make sure you take the hard backing off the bone first.
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:56 pm   

How big is your turtle? one is like 3 and a half inches and the other is like 3 and 3 fourth inches
How long have you had it? um...5 or 6 months

What is the water temperature? 75
Are you using a water heater? yes
How much water is in there? like 19 gall.
Are you using a water conditioner? yes
Are you using any filtration? yes

What is the basking temperature? like 85
Is there a basking light? yes
Is there a basking platform that is easy to climb on? yes
Is there a UVB light? i think, im not sure, the man at the pet store said the light i have is all i need

What have you been trying to feed it? reptomin and sometimes carrots and lettace
When was the last time your turtle ate? this morning

How big is the tank/pond/enclosure? about 22 gall.
Is the tank near a window? yes
Is the tank in a room with a lot of activity? sometimes

Have you read the Basic Care section? no
Have you searched the forums for similar situations? yes

Is there any other unusual activity/symptoms? no
louie&rascal01

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:58 pm   

is that what u wanted my to fill out?
louie&rascal01

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:02 pm   

dont trust pet store people, most of them dont know alot of stuff, the label should say its UVB, UVA is just ehat which is attained from a regular light bulb, most UVB lights are flourescent, and do not give off any heat.

they need a bigger tank, they should have a minimum of about 80 gallons, its not set in stone, just recommended, craigslist.org has good deals, check out there.

answer please ------ How often do you feed your turtle and what?

read the basic care section, it has loads of the information you and your turtle need to be happy.

what kind of lettuce, romaine and red-leaf are the best, remember LOOK IN THE FOOD&NUTRITION SECTION.
Elliott
ellman605

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:05 pm   

i feed thm once a day, and i feed them reptomin pellets
louie&rascal01

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:07 pm   

again, read food&nutrition and the basic care section on the main site, you are feeding them pellets to much, they need veggies every day, and pellets every other day, about enough to fill their head.
Elliott
ellman605

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:32 pm   

Very cute turtles! Thanks for sharing your pictures!!!!
8 RES: Tampa, Bay, Exclamation (Male R.I.P. 2-10-07), Question-mark, Tiny Tim, Pan Handle (Male), Squirt, & Crush.

KI4JAV

www.notyourdaddysguncases.com
TinySlider2

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:21 am   

Lack of uvb, calcium and overfeeding is what is doing that to your turt. Like Ell said, read the basic care info on the main site and go get a UVB bulb pronto.
jenaero

Next

Return to Photo Gallery