Photo Gallery :: New Pics

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:57 pm   New Pics

They're a bit blurry.. I'm still trying to figure out how to take some good digital pics with this camera..

The pleco and one of the 3 ram horn snails
And inside that log on the right is 2 more ram horn snails hiding.
SlidersRCool

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:21 pm   

Looks nice. :) One of those lights is a UVB light?
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:11 pm   

that look so nice, I can't wait to move out in a apt. and that I have money to buy my turtle a big nice tank like this :)
RESCHIU

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:22 pm   

yeah, the blue glowing one would be a uvb. looks good. To fix the fuzzy, there should be a knob or switch or button on your camera that has a flower on it, and the other button will have mountains, switch to flower for close up, within 20cm i think
Elliott
ellman605

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:40 pm   

ellman605 wrote:yeah, the blue glowing one would be a uvb. looks good. To fix the fuzzy, there should be a knob or switch or button on your camera that has a flower on it, and the other button will have mountains, switch to flower for close up, within 20cm i think

Correct, it's UVB.

I'll look for it..
SlidersRCool

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:14 pm   

Don't really see a blue glow, but I'll take your word for it. :)
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:18 pm   

The pics are great!

Didn't you have a baby map also?
buffyfan9005

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:07 pm   

SlidersRCool wrote:
ellman605 wrote:yeah, the blue glowing one would be a uvb. looks good. To fix the fuzzy, there should be a knob or switch or button on your camera that has a flower on it, and the other button will have mountains, switch to flower for close up, within 20cm i think

Correct, it's UVB.

I'll look for it..

w00t, do i get a prize? i want a double chicken chip cookie with extra chicken :)
Elliott
ellman605

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:31 pm   

buffyfan9005 wrote:The pics are great!

Didn't you have a baby map also?

I had a tiny yellow belly but for some reason he stopped wanting to live. I'm way too poor to afford a vet visit and (as you can see) I've dumped way too much money on these turtles. So after about 3 weeks of him just lying on the basking dock, his shell started getting soft. I didn't have the heart to just let him die, so I took him to this pond by my house and put him in there. Yeah, it's bad... but I really don't know what happened. I know when I first got some sliders and my tank, I didn't know how to properly set it up, and some Turts were victims of that. Really though, I think 2 of the 4 that have passed on were sick before I got them, because they were never active unless I threw them in the water.

Now this guy is awesome, he's always swimming around, eats a bunch (He ate one of the guppies I put in there) ... and the Yellow Belly did that too, for about a month and then one day he stopped. I dunno what could be wrong, I've got everything in the tank how it's supposed to be. Water is about 78-82 degrees throughout the day, I've got the UVA and UVB lights set up (I haven't took the temp of the basking spot, but I'm sure it's about 10 degrees warmer than the water), the filter, the heater, the basking spot, the food, yada yada...

Oh well, King Koopa's happy, I gave him some friends to chilll with, so everything's good. 'Sides that tank woulda gotten crowded with the two big turtles.
SlidersRCool

Return to Photo Gallery