Photo Gallery :: here's my Dani

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:58 pm   here's my Dani

sorry for the delay, life is busy. LOL i am new member and wanted to post a few pics of my girl.

this is the condition of her shell

condition of her belly
her place of lounging during the day. PennPlax Turtle Topper is a great invention(IMO)

any questions and i can start a thread elsewhere.

thanks
rob
robsdak

Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:54 pm   Re: here's my Dani

Welcome Dani! How old is she?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:23 pm   Re: here's my Dani

thanks, Steve.

she is 8-8 1/2yrs. old. and also a rescue turtle. short story, she was given to me and i have done everything i could to give her a happy and better life. clean tank,(looking for a bigger one as we speak) the correct lighting, a proper house/ basking area.

she had issues when i got her. she had an infection on her belly and just in general poor health. but, all that is fixed and she is a happy camper. she has a varied diet- (light) fruit, mealworms, wigglers, rosy reds, all the guppy's she can catch, loves her greens, collards, romaine, carrots and of coarse Reptomin pellets.

i was concerned about her shell being so dark. but i have read a lot about RES and they can have an Olive color, so now i am less concerned with it.

she is a well mannered and tempered RES. likes to be held and have her neck rubbed. she is an excellent tank mate to the fish in her tank. only eats the big ones.LOL but that's why i keep them, for her.
robsdak

Post Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:52 am   Re: here's my Dani

About the dark shell. That color isnt actually the natural color. Res get the look from bad infections on the shell like you mentioned. It will change after she sheds. My res looked like that after shell rot covered 80% of his body. After a couple years of shell he now has nice bright colors. She ever shed for you yet?
Instagram: Diamondbacks4Life
Diamondbacks4Life

Post Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:57 am   Re: here's my Dani

no she hasn't had a full shed. she has lost a few scutes here and there. if she does get back her beautiful colors, that would be awesome! she had a hard life before me. she lived in the water 24/7 and no lights. not saying that previous owners were bad, just lacked the knowledge in her proper care. not that i condone it, but it happens. as been said, she has everything she needs now and she even spends time with me in the yard.
robsdak

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:10 pm   Re: here's my Dani

Yeah can tell it was a hard life. My girls are about the same age and are double her size. Glad she found a good home with you.
All I Want in Life is to be Happy!!
Listen97

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:51 am   Re: here's my Dani

Do you still have her?
Iowaturtle

Return to Photo Gallery