Photo Gallery :: Sea Turtle Pictures - Buck Island, St. Croix, USVI

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:29 am   Sea Turtle Pictures - Buck Island, St. Croix, USVI

This is a sea turtle I saw while snorkeling at Buck Island Reef while on my honeymoon last year. We went on a two week Caribbean cruise and St. Croix was our last stop. I realize the quality is not the best; I used a mediocre digital underwater camera to take the pictures. I have some better sea turtle pictures from Barbados that I will upload hopefully tomorrow. Hope you enjoy! (Side note - the sign you see in some of the pictures is part of the "underwater trail" at Buck Island)

Toby - RES - adopted in December 2007 - 120g tank - Fluval FX5

Max - Pit Bull/Irish Setter/Dalmatian mix - adopted in March 2009
Lola - Pit Bull mix - adopted in June 2009
meltedspork

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:43 am   Re: Sea Turtle Pictures - Buck Island, St. Croix, USVI

sweet, very nice.
4 res
3 ybs
1 black knob sawback map
1 reg map
1 reg musk
2 razor back musk
1 king snake,1 ball python,1 red tailed boa,1 dumerils boa,1 leopard tortoise,1 leopard gecko,4 crested geckos,1 rose haired tarantula,3 bearded dragons,2 cats,4 dogs
mantis

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:33 am   Re: Sea Turtle Pictures - Buck Island, St. Croix, USVI

Awesome! Picture quality is really good too!
Instagram: Diamondbacks4Life
Diamondbacks4Life

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:52 am   Re: Sea Turtle Pictures - Buck Island, St. Croix, USVI

Amazing! I can't wait until I can see a real sea turtle in its element like that :)
2-R3S Buster & Eugene
1-African Side-Neck Herman
1- Nicaraguan Slider
1- Concentric Diamondback Terrapin
:D 5 total

RIP Samus
Moose

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:22 pm   Re: Sea Turtle Pictures - Buck Island, St. Croix, USVI

Moose wrote:Amazing! I can't wait until I can see a real sea turtle in its element like that :)

This was literally a dream come true for me. I'm fascinated by sea turtles and to see them in the wild was an amazing experience that I will never forget. Cross this one off of my bucket list!

meltedspork

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:31 am   Re: Sea Turtle Pictures - Buck Island, St. Croix, USVI

Very cool! Did you try chasing the turtles? :P A little Photoshop editing will help make those pics clearer. And congratulations!
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:56 am   Re: Sea Turtle Pictures - Buck Island, St. Croix, USVI

steve wrote:Very cool! Did you try chasing the turtles? :P A little Photoshop editing will help make those pics clearer. And congratulations!

Thanks Steve! I didn't try to chase this turtle, but there were other turtles we saw in Barbados that we were able to touch their shells as they swam by - it was really cool! I'm working on uploading those pictures from Barbados right now but Photobucket is being really slow. I do have Photoshop but I'll be the first to admit that I'm not very good at using it. I will do some Google searching on how to clear up these pictures because it would definitely be worth the time and effort to figure it out.

meltedspork

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:57 am   Re: Sea Turtle Pictures - Buck Island, St. Croix, USVI

Using Levels or Curves under images>adjustments and you can clear up some of the green haze.

steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:58 pm   Re: Sea Turtle Pictures - Buck Island, St. Croix, USVI

Wow, those look a lot better! Thanks for the tip, I'm going to play with these pictures and see what I can do.

meltedspork

Return to Photo Gallery