Photo Gallery :: Meet Bobo! (warning, pic heavy...)

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:27 pm   Re: Meet Bobo! (warning, pic heavy...)

She looks great, very luck to have you!
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:31 pm   Re: Meet Bobo! (warning, pic heavy...)

Thanks, Steve! We were all lucky to have found this forum, everything we did for her was inspired from these pages. :wink:
Bobo - 7 1/2 year old female RES
80 gallon tank, JBL CristalProfi e1501 Greenline canister filter, Eheim Jager 200W heater, Reptile UVB 100 25W bulb (former ReptiGlo 5.0 26W)
xcristina

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:51 pm   Re: Meet Bobo! (warning, pic heavy...)

I'm glad to do my part :)
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:59 pm   Re: Meet Bobo! (warning, pic heavy...)

More basking pictures :)

A few moments ago... hrrrrrr pfiuuuuu...
80 gallon tank, JBL CristalProfi e1501 Greenline canister filter, Eheim Jager 200W heater, Reptile UVB 100 25W bulb (former ReptiGlo 5.0 26W)
xcristina

Post Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 3:59 pm   Re: Meet Bobo! (warning, pic heavy...)

Sleeping beauty in that last pic :)
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:10 pm   Re: Meet Bobo! (warning, pic heavy...)

Sleeping gravid lady... she must be tired, she's really trying to get out of the tank lately. :(
xcristina

Post Posted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:01 am   Re: Meet Bobo! (warning, pic heavy...)

The pic of her between the plants...so cute!!
She reminds me of my Kame.
My Baby Turtles:
Kame : My spoiled one (R.I.P)
Kroten : My beautiful RES
Papoe : My Emydura Schultzei (Pink Belly Short Necked Turtle)
Kurome : My Chinemys Revesii (Chinese Three Keeled Pond Turtle)
Underneath The Shell
Youtube
novroz

Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:14 pm   Re: Meet Bobo! (warning, pic heavy...)

Thanks.
Still no eggs...
xcristina

Post Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:17 am   Re: Meet Bobo! (warning, pic heavy...)

Hi
How is Bobo doing? Is there any news about laiyng eggs?
"When an animal puts their trust in us, may we never let them down..."
-April Peerless-
Madly

Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:56 pm   Re: Meet Bobo! (warning, pic heavy...)

Hi!
Sorry for the late reply, my fiance and I bought our first house and we've had a lot of things going on, but we managed to paint/put all the furniture together/move over the last three weeks.
Bobo has a partly new home, we kept the tank, had a stand built for her, and designed a new basking place as well, in order to make her enclosure a matching piece of the whole living room.
She seems to enjoy being higher from the ground, she's always liked to watch everything that's going on around her.
Unfortunately, she hasn't laid any eggs! I'm starting to think it was a false alarm, maybe? She's viciously hungry :lol: , but stopped trying to get out of the tank, and when I took her outside for her first walk in our garden, she didn't even make a single attempt to dig.
I'm not even sure I'm feeling eggs anymore, so I guess I'll keep the good ol' wait and see approach... :roll:
Pics are to be posted these days... we're still tinkering around the house and catching up with things to do at work.
xcristina

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:30 pm   Re: Meet Bobo! (warning, pic heavy...)

Awesome pictures xcristina. Question, did you happen to take pics during the build process of your tank? I have something similar in mind but not sure how to go about making the basking area. What kind of docks are you using? Thank you in advance.
Mik

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:01 am   Re: Meet Bobo! (warning, pic heavy...)

Congratulations xcristina for buying a first home .
I have another question for you. What to you feed for your turtle and how often? So if you can post your turtle's diet, I would appreciate it very highly. :roll:
And I must say that everytime I look her (Bobo) shell I think in my head "Wow what a beautiful shell she has.
Oh and I can't wait to see pictures of new setup.
-April Peerless-
Madly

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:10 pm   Re: Meet Bobo! (warning, pic heavy...)

Thank you all for your kind words! :)
Sorry for replying so late again, but I will try to be thorough :).

Docks and tank
I don't have any pics taken during the build process, I had the tank custom made and the docks... well, the docks were built by my father, having in mind the Zoomed dock that Bobo started to chew on a few years ago that I gave him for reference. He had the light coloured plastic boards around the yard, used a torch (I think) to bend them to the right angle, cut the sides of some black plastic storage boxes to fit the boards (in order to give :msgreen: some traction when going up, of course) and then connected the two with little pieces of steel. I only saw the finished product, and Bobo climbed right up within the first 5 minutes of setting the first dock up. He initially made the little dock, and when Bobo grew larger, he made the one that she currently uses in order to climb. The smaller dock is now her bed :).
As for the basking area, basically it's her old glass tank (approx 15 gallons) placed on one of the long sides, which is covered with a piece of rubber bath mat and floor tile. As we speak, it's placed on one of the short sides and waiting to be replaced by a wooden box, custom made by my father, with one of the sides made on glass or plastic so that we can see her and she can see the rest of the world while basking (she really enjoys it).

Feeding
Bobo gets her meals three times a week, usually Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday, it's basically a mix of pellets - the recommended amount. She currently enjoys a mix of JBL Pond Sticks 4 in 1 (it's for fish, but I thought it's a balanced formula and bought it anyway), Sera Reptil Raffy Mineral, JBL Calcil and Padovan Turtle Sticks. She also gets lettuce and green/red bell pepper and the occasional carrot or even corn or water melon or blackberries (she loves those). I must admit she gets tiny pieces of anything safe to eat that I have around the house, it's almost nothing she won't eat, except for the bitter leaves of romaine salad/lettuce, she spits those with a vengeance :lol:. When those pictures were taken, she had been on a "Tetra Pond Wheatgerm Sticks and lots of sunbathing" diet for quite a while, since her first years were kind of rough on her shell. But I think it's safe to say she has recovered well :wink:.

Still no pics of the new setup...but soon, I promise...
xcristina

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:20 am   Re: Meet Bobo! (warning, pic heavy...)

Thanks for your response xcristina. :)
-April Peerless-
Madly

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:01 pm   Re: Meet Bobo! (warning, pic heavy...)

You're welcome.

Finally, pics of Bobo's new setup! :)

ImageDSC06859

ImageDSC06860

ImageDSC06864

ImageDSC07359

ImageDSC07362

ImageDSC07367

*edit - Flickr issues :(
xcristina

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Gallery