Photo Gallery :: Meet Bobo! (warning, pic heavy...)

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:32 am   Re: Meet Bobo! (warning, pic heavy...)

Thank you very much, steve. I'll keep an eye on it. Is there anything I can do to help speeding the process?
Bobo - 7 1/2 year old female RES
80 gallon tank, JBL CristalProfi e1501 Greenline canister filter, Eheim Jager 200W heater, Reptile UVB 100 25W bulb (former ReptiGlo 5.0 26W)
xcristina

Post Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:16 am   Re: Meet Bobo! (warning, pic heavy...)

Just keep an eye on it.. if it gets any larger, you will need to have a vet take a look.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:55 pm   Re: Meet Bobo! (warning, pic heavy...)

Oh no, that would really be the worst case scenario. I don't think there is one single herp vet in my country! That's why I keep asking what I can do for her...
80 gallon tank, JBL CristalProfi e1501 Greenline canister filter, Eheim Jager 200W heater, Reptile UVB 100 25W bulb (former ReptiGlo 5.0 26W)
xcristina

Post Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:48 pm   Re: Meet Bobo! (warning, pic heavy...)

It probably won't get to that point, but this would be a good time to check for anyone who might help in the future. Local rescues, enthusiast groups, conservation groups, veterinary schools, etc.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:44 pm   Re: Meet Bobo! (warning, pic heavy...)

Don't have any of these... In my town there is a zoo with many sliders, but they are kept indoors in less than appropriate conditions, I guess the people there don't have a clue what to do. The petshops sell yellow bellied sliders, people buy them thinking they're so small and cute and when they grow they take them to the zoo because they don't know what else to do. Only the turts lucky enough to be taken by a family with a pond have a chance... So yeah, if anything ever happens, it would be nearly impossible to get any help :?
xcristina

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:17 am   Re: Meet Bobo! (warning, pic heavy...)

Yea, there are lot of people in the same situation. Even reptile care here in the US can be uncertain. I went to 3 other vets before I found one that was OK.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:03 pm   Re: Meet Bobo! (warning, pic heavy...)

For now, the spot seems not to grow, but not to heal either. I know turts heal sooooo slowly, so I'm being patient. Meanwhile, :msgreen: eats like a little piggy and enjoys the last hot days of summer/autumn.
Oh, I forgot to mention, steve, she had one of those calluses - a brown spot in front of her left hind leg, it took almost three weeks to heal by itself. It always does :) and I'd rather I didn't stress her with betadine. I know you also mentioned once that sometimes you let this kind of things just take their course...
xcristina

Previous

Return to Photo Gallery