Photo Gallery :: Mikey fighting Bob (huge Plecko) for a veggie round.

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:47 pm   Mikey fighting Bob (huge Plecko) for a veggie round.

Starscream

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:41 am   Re: Mikey fighting Bob (huge Plecko) for a veggie round.

I had a 6inch pleco that started to get aggressive with my RES, chase them over food, try and attach etc. I got rid of the pleco it scared me that it would attach to them and hold them under
2- RES
-Hester 5.25" (Female)
-Turty 4" (Female)
Eltemp

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:29 am   Re: Mikey fighting Bob (huge Plecko) for a veggie round.

I hope not. They other plecko has been with the turts since he was a baby, but this one, was rehomed to us when we got the big tank to house it.
Starscream

Post Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:07 am   Re: Mikey fighting Bob (huge Plecko) for a veggie round.

WOW! That's a huge pleco. I would also be a bit concerned about having one that big in with my turtles.
1 Male Mississippi Map/Mississippi
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT White Concentric Female/ Lucky
1 DBT Male/ Spots
(Housed in the same tank)

300 gallon indoor stock tank, FX6 & FX5 filters. Mega-Ray 100w UVB bulb.
Kansasslider

Post Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:52 am   Re: Mikey fighting Bob (huge Plecko) for a veggie round.

Yeah, I think he is like a foot long. We keep a close eye on them. The tank is right behind the computer.
Starscream

Post Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:56 pm   Re: Mikey fighting Bob (huge Plecko) for a veggie round.

Maybe feed Bob at night, while Mikey is asleep. Though if he's like my RES, he'll figure out a way to sleep-eat :roll:
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:13 am   Re: Mikey fighting Bob (huge Plecko) for a veggie round.

Yea mine do too. We put enough veggie rounds in everyone, if it becomes an issue bob will just have to go back to where he came from.
Starscream

Return to Photo Gallery