Photo Gallery :: **My albino pair and new hypo translucent (hybino) baby.**

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:01 pm   **My albino pair and new hypo translucent (hybino) baby.**

The photo is a bit dark and I will be getting some better photos soon. I am seeking to add many more morphs when my outdoor pond set up of course. The female abinos name is "Allotof" and the male albinos name is" Sunshine" . Both named by my 9 year old cousin and the hybino does not have a name as of yet and I can not determine the sex of it yet though it was reported to be a 90% chance of being a female according to a respected turtle and tortoise breeder in Florida. Does anyone have suggested names for it? :mrgreen:
Attachments
turtles.JPG
Last edited by Tampa Bay Turtle Fan on Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Confirmed Sexed Pair of Albino Red Ear Sliders, Baby Albino and Hybino Red Ear Slider and Adult Normal Male Red Ear Slider
Tampa Bay Turtle Fan

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:01 pm   Re: **My albino pair and new hypo translucent (hybino) baby.

Cute turtles! I have no name suggestions (I'm pretty bad at it), though maybe wait a bit until her personality is clear and you can name her based on that :)
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:22 pm   Re: **My albino pair and new hypo translucent (hybino) baby.

steve wrote:Cute turtles! I have no name suggestions (I'm pretty bad at it), though maybe wait a bit until her personality is clear and you can name her based on that :)
Steve I bought the Albinos at fairly reasonable prices because they had a extra scute. But I never bred turtles before but I have bred so many other snakes and lizards with ease. Reptile breeding to me always seemed perfect with no problems at all ever. It comes naturally to me just by good husbandry skills and knowing conditions and environmental factors related.

My question is on extra scutes. My albinos looked to me at the time of purchase in good condition and still do today. With the extra scute. please educate me on if a extra scute would prevent successful breeding later. My hybino is in perfect condition. :mrgreen:
Confirmed Sexed Pair of Albino Red Ear Sliders, Baby Albino and Hybino Red Ear Slider and Adult Normal Male Red Ear Slider
Tampa Bay Turtle Fan

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:35 am   Re: **My albino pair and new hypo translucent (hybino) baby.

I have not seen it be a problem to the regular RES posted here. In fact, most people like it as it makes them a little more unique even if it is fairly common. I guess that's a reflection of what some breeders want... rare, prefect creatures to sell at a premium.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:58 pm   Re: **My albino pair and new hypo translucent (hybino) baby.

steve wrote:I have not seen it be a problem to the regular RES posted here. In fact, most people like it as it makes them a little more unique even if it is fairly common. I guess that's a reflection of what some breeders want... rare, prefect creatures to sell at a premium.

okay and thank you. I am also very comfortable on these forums and enjoy your outstanding education to others as well as myself and I enjoy all your postings in general. The seller had six albinos and only one was perfect in his eyes at the time. He wanted $600 for this one. On my way over, he sent me more photos and though he said they had the extra scute, the two I picked out as you seen in the photo are perfect in my eyes compared to the others he had. I saved money buying these two as newborns and I am very pleased that they resulted as a male and female instead of " temp sexed females" he sold them to me as originally. I am very happy and pleased with my kids aka turtles.
Tampa Bay Turtle Fan

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:02 am   Re: **My albino pair and new hypo translucent (hybino) baby.

How big are they now? I've wondered, do they offer any guarantee about the sex?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:14 pm   Re: **My albino pair and new hypo translucent (hybino) baby.

steve wrote:How big are they now? I've wondered, do they offer any guarantee about the sex?
I can show you photos when I first bought them when I transfer the photos from my phone and you will clearly see that they recently hatched out however before I went to the sellers location he lied and said they were well established and eating very well The fact is, I found out he lied and he just uses that wording to make sales. I talked to others who have been around this man since I was no longer in the United States and Over in England, that he was a new comer to the industry for the last 5 years after my departure. I personally known just about everyone prior to this.

Many also reported the death of their pets to my other friends when he got into the business of selling and with him using this line of wording with me and as you and I know, many people have the inexperience it takes as first, I could see why this happened. Bottom line, I gave them the opportunity to get used to their environment beofor offering them a few types of crushed food. It was only when I added the thawed blood worms mixed with the crushed food, till they started eating great. Now my albinos will not touch live guppies even today, but they will eat just about everything else offered to them. The hybino was a bit different and from day one, has never refused anything and for the first time yesterday, he nipped at a baby guppy yet the poor thing did not catch it. That was kinda funny.

The albinos are now three inches in diameter and was sold to me as temp sexed females. I went on and examined their nail and cloaca regions and determined that they were for sure a male and female without question. I showed my life time friend Bill Murray as well and he agreed the sexing of them. Unfortunately I still don't think anyone out there when they are new borns can guarantee sexing though temp sexing is a good part on the overhead ratio of males to females If you feel different with your experience, please let me know. I am open ears for learning.

I myself am thinking about just for some extra money on the side being that I am in the hobby of the turtles to start buying groups of albinos in at least 6 lots, raising them to three to four inches just to 100 % determine the sexes only to sell later after doing so. Many people I am sure will pay more just to have guaranteed sexed albinos. I would not charge much more for them and just charge for my time raising them from new borns so if nothing else, it covered the food expense and a bit for me. This way, people are happy with guaranteed sexed turles on not wasting their money on a guess. I would also need to be sure on the bloodlines of each to make sure the people know if their new turtle would be compatible to others they may already have in their collections. I myself know that I would be grateful on paying more for guaranteed sexed turtles and bloodlines..
Tampa Bay Turtle Fan

Return to Photo Gallery