Photo Gallery :: 17 of my turt's!

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:08 pm   17 of my turt's!

I changed this and put the pics in so everyone can see them without going to a link!
Here they all are!
Last edited by Turtle addict on Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Turtle addict

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:42 pm   

it's asking for a password. You'll have to make the album public. There's a button on there somewhere that says "make public" or something similar.
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:24 pm   

Ahhh alright I will try and fix this darn thing! LOL When I go to post the pics it was taking me foever and then it would delete them before I could get them all on!
11 res,2 Cooters,4 Sulcata,2 ybs,1 Ornate wood,2 Common musk,1 melanistic slider,1 striped mud,1 russian,2 japanese pond, 2 3 toe box, 2 Black Woods, 3 Vietnam pond, ,1 western painted,2 reeves,1new guinea snake neck,2 Miss maps, 1 African helmeted
Turtle addict

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:31 pm   

I think I got it changed, I went and clicked the button to allow public veiws. Soemone try it and see if it works now! LOL
11 res,2 Cooters,4 Sulcata,2 ybs,1 Ornate wood,2 Common musk,1 melanistic slider,1 striped mud,1 russian,2 japanese pond, 2 3 toe box, 2 Black Woods, 3 Vietnam pond, ,1 western painted,2 reeves,1new guinea snake neck,2 Miss maps, 1 African helmeted
Turtle addict

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:46 pm   

It's working now. Cute turts. I do see a few with some pyramiding/curling problems tho.
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:11 pm   

Yeah most of them are rescues and they came that way. I have raised squirt from a hatchling and he's perfect, Jackie {res} and Chloe {ybs}were both 7 inches and living in a 20 long before I got them, Crunch {fl cooter}was found in the road with a chip out of his shell that was bleeding and I went through 7 months of blood poison and shots, Storm {melanistic slider}was living in a bathtub with 2 inches of black water in a basment in Mass before he came here, Onyx {common musk}and Lexus {res} were living together for 10 years and Lexie came with severe shell rot and only 3 inches, onyx was way skinny, Timmy came with very mild shell fungus, They have all had their issues but are getting better and the shells havn't gotten any worse I have the care down to each turt and what they need. Almost all the tanks are now gone and we have a HUGE pond I will get pics of soon it is 7 foot by 13 foot and 21 inches deep with a 3 foot by 1 foot stream connected into a 9 foot by 6 foot 10 inch deep area, there is a 3 foot land area with various plants along the entire side of the ponds and then a 10 foot by 6 foot land area at one end. 2 water falls move the water. All but Lexus, Spazz, Tc, Tinker and Benltey are in the pond {no the russian and sulcata aren't either} I feel once they reach 5 inches they can go out there otherwise they stay in the house.
Turtle addict

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:34 pm   

Wow! They're lucky they found you :-)
jenaero

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:53 pm   

I kinda like the ones that have a history it make's them unique and I know they have a better life with me then the place they were at before. I do have 4 I got on purpose...the russian, map, sulcata and the one res Squirt which started this all! LOL those I paid for but in a sense they are rescue's from a store. The map had the mild shell fungus on him and was why I chose him...get him out of the tank with the others and fix him...one vet visit and some silvadene cream was easy. My wood came from a petstore with RI, vitA deficancy and having had mbd in the past, she was a few more trips to the vet! LOL But they are all worth it.
Turtle addict

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:42 pm   

I'm jealous, I miss my turtles. But its only a matter of time til I get them back. :)

What kind of frogs do you have? They look like a tree frog.
Dylan ~17~, Brianna~14~ Ethan ~10~ Ava ~4~
flutterby

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:55 pm   

Those are great looking turtles. Kudos to you for doing such a great job with rescuing these turtles. They seem so happy.
My babies: Tanner (RES), MR. Prissy & Ringo (budgies), Shinju (cockatiel)

"Little dudes are just eggs, we leave 'em on the beach to hatch, and then — koo-koo ka-choo! — they find their way back to the Big Ol' Blue"
CountryGirl68

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:15 pm   

I want to be you someday! What a great thing to do!
2 RES-Sparky M 6.0 and Spike F 9.0
1 Beardie- F Nubbin
1 Pictus Gecko- F Necko
6 Fire Bellied Toads-3 M 3 F
scripta_elegans

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:24 pm   

dude :shock: how do you pay for all that :shock: very awsome setups btw
3 turts 2 eastern painted and 1 RES
Andrew7769

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:03 pm   

Well the frogs were Little Grass Frogs...they are the smallest tree frogs in North America, we rescued 8 tadpoles from the jacuzzi and raised them to frogs then let them go into the yard. It was a good lesson for the kids! LOL I want to open a rescue here...a place where people can drop off turtle's instead of releasing them into a lake or worse and they won't be judged or asked any history beyond what they want to give. My other half is on board for that all the way and is willing to build what I need to care for them all and rig whatever I need also! LOL On the one tank I have an unused pool filter changed to hold carbon and ceramic! It was free and he fixed it to work with media. The turt's arn't to bad once they are here and set up...I have tons of rubbermaids those are cheap so it's lighting and we keep 4 extra uv lights in case we need them! LOL The greens are running about $40 a week which isn't bad, they eat them all! I buy mazuri pellets in 25 pound bags and have it shipped to my door all for $47 every 5-6 months cheaper then in stores! We just have to seal it in bags and then put it in a plastic bin to keep it fresh.
Turtle addict

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:50 pm   

cool cant wait to see pics of your pond! :D
3 turts 2 eastern painted and 1 RES
Andrew7769

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:56 pm   

And I thought I had MY hands full with 3 babies! WHOA!
grey goose

Next

Return to Photo Gallery