Photo Gallery :: 17 of my turt's!

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:58 pm   

I would imagine that if you set up a small shelter for rescues that you could get some kind of government funding or grants to help out. Your turts and torts are lucky to have you!
Missi

2 RES, 1 cat, and a spoiled rotten pug.
missibsu

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:50 am   

It's not that bad, we have a way to do stuff and doing it everyday or once a month gets everything done and it all becomes a habit and I've gotten fast! LOL I can feed all the animals...2 tort's, a wood, 14 water turt's, an iguana, bunny, bird and guinnea pig in 15 minutes; that's every water and food bowl washed out and done fresh, pellets and fresh greens chopped because I do that every other day. Fresh greens are done every morning and that takes 5 minutes.
11 res,2 Cooters,4 Sulcata,2 ybs,1 Ornate wood,2 Common musk,1 melanistic slider,1 striped mud,1 russian,2 japanese pond, 2 3 toe box, 2 Black Woods, 3 Vietnam pond, ,1 western painted,2 reeves,1new guinea snake neck,2 Miss maps, 1 African helmeted
Turtle addict

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:14 am   

You are so amazing , Turtle addict! It's so heart-warming to hear about people like you. You have now become one of my heroes! :D
1 RES "Gandalf the Green" or "Turty" for short
3 Kitties "Kipper" "Slinky" "Yuki"

'Where will wants not, a way opens..'-Dernhelm
Shavannah

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:41 am   

Having a rescue is hard here, to get grants and stuff I have to volunteer 200 hours under a turtle expert! Try and find one in your area it's hard, but we are setting up an area in the backyard to take in more and my vet has said he'll cut me some deals on the trips to him, so we're going through with it and I can still go and volunteer at any time. trying to tlak to the local human society and stuff about trying to get grants with maybe volunteering with them or at a local wildlife center that takes in only tort's.
11 res,2 Cooters,4 Sulcata,2 ybs,1 Ornate wood,2 Common musk,1 melanistic slider,1 striped mud,1 russian,2 japanese pond, 2 3 toe box, 2 Black Woods, 3 Vietnam pond, ,1 western painted,2 reeves,1new guinea snake neck,2 Miss maps, 1 African helmeted
Turtle addict

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:18 pm   

I love it! I have always been into birds and turtles. When I moved to TN 7 years ago, I had been through a divorce and with all the moving I had re-homed my turtles (2 box turtles) I knew we were in TN I helped a few sick turtles that people brought to me, but didn't OWN any. I did have birds... I rescued a few. I had thought about doing rescue for macaws...but with 6 in my house I really don't have the space for more 3X4 cages. I do however have a big yard and a 15X20 4ft deep pond that I am working on for turtles. We are going to fence an area of land around it and hopefully I can do some rescue/ fostering work here.
-Jodi

One by one the animals are stealing my sanity
z-chic

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:41 pm   

I hope you can do that! I am into birds also, I have voluntereed with the Audobon center for birds of prey here....it's great to touch a bald eagle when most people will never even get to see one!
Turtle addict

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:06 pm   

That's quite the "herd of turtles" :lol:
Great pics, and good for you for taking care of them all! I hope one day you do get the chance to open a rescue center :D
BullDog

Post Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:53 pm   

Thanks everyone! I love my babies and try hard to give them the best home I can!
Turtle addict

Post Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:36 pm   

have any of your turts tryed laying eggs out in the pond yet?
3 turts 2 eastern painted and 1 RES
Andrew7769

Post Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:34 am   

Not yet, they are to young to get there yet, I only have one old enough the woodie and she doesn't have a mate, waiting on the girls to get older and then I'm sure they will need to be seperated!
Turtle addict

Post Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:16 am   

that's awesome all of it wow!!!!! It's like a turtle sanctuary do you think if i put a large sucker fish in my tank my 7 inch res would hurt him??

matt
cbbmtt

Post Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:34 am   

Anything that you put in the tank is likely to become a meal. I tried a pleco when my turts were smaller and purposely bought a pleco bigger than them...it didn't work. I had to remove him with 20 minutes or so of being in the tank.
Missi

2 RES, 1 cat, and a spoiled rotten pug.
missibsu

Post Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:24 am   

The russian is now in those pics also! But the bad thing is I went to a petstore for box turt pellets and ended up with the last two baby res they had in the tank with 3 dead ones! Sooo now it's up to 19. The 2 new ones are Atlantis and Gemini...can you tell I have a son very interested in space! LOL
Turtle addict

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:59 am   

That's very sad about the petstore's res. Thank goodness you rescued the last two!
What kind of turt/tort is Toy? Her shell is beautiful!
Tinker is the smallest turtle I have ever seen! I didn't know any of them were that small, how do you keep from losing him/her? lol
How big will Tinker get?
1 RES "Gandalf the Green" or "Turty" for short
3 Kitties "Kipper" "Slinky" "Yuki"

'Where will wants not, a way opens..'-Dernhelm
Shavannah

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:18 am   

Toy is a sulcata, she is now at 7 1/2 inches from 2 when I got her about a year ago. Tinker is tiny and there are pics of his tank, I keep the water very shallow {he's a mud and they don't swim only walk along the bottom} And he'll get about 4 inches full grown. Muds and musk stay small between 4 and 5 inches total. I keep Tinker by himself in the house, just because there would be no way with the temperature changes and stuff we're having and also putting a 1/2 inch turt in the same pond with a 9 inch would be asking for trouble!
Turtle addict

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Gallery