Photo Gallery :: Tank setup completed. (The turtles have landed)

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:54 pm   

I cut them myself using a Dremel with a #561 multipurpose cutter. It's sort of like a drill bit but it cuts from the side, sort of like a router. I clamped a steel straight edge to it as a guide.
grey goose

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:56 pm   

great setup, nice turtles. i need those pipe things for my turtles to play in
zero_tails

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:37 am   

Hi, grey goose your tank is actually the one that made me want to get some RES. Im currently working on a 50 gal. Please post more pics...
edgarmedina1010

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:33 am   

yooohoooo, nice tanks mister man
zero_tails

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:38 pm   

zero_tails wrote:great setup, nice turtles. i need those pipe things for my turtles to play in

The 4" 3 outlet type is about 10-12 bucks at Home Depot. I'm using a smaller curved pipe on the 55 gal., I'll post a pic of it shortly....
grey goose

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:41 pm   

edgarmedina1010 wrote:Hi, grey goose your tank is actually the one that made me want to get some RES. Im currently working on a 50 gal. Please post more pics...

Anything in particular you want to see or know about?
grey goose

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:52 pm   

zero_tails wrote:yooohoooo, nice tanks mister man

Beaker says "Thanks! Now put me down you #%$@*# big head!"

grey goose

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:04 pm   

I hope you're not into it expecting gratitude!
SpotsMama
SpotsMama
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:16 pm   

Oh no, thats Beaker on a good day! :) About 30 seconds after that shot was taken she and her cohorts were in the feeding container, munching on crickets, bloodworms, a couple pellets etc., while the Big Bad Head cleaned their tank.......Its almost a year and she still hates me! :P
grey goose

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:45 pm   

grey goose wrote:
edgarmedina1010 wrote:Hi, grey goose your tank is actually the one that made me want to get some RES. Im currently working on a 50 gal. Please post more pics...

Anything in particular you want to see or know about?
I just want to see the tanks perspective from the top. And a good look of the basking spot. Oh, do you feed live aquatic snails? Can I feed ramshorn snails? Hope im not asking too much.
edgarmedina1010

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:49 pm   

Don't know much about snails, I don't offer them to my gang, maybe ask around in the feeding section. If you are going to feed snails, make sure they come from a clean, reliable source. I'll get some pics of both tanks up in a couple days (things are kinda crazy around here :) ).
grey goose

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:04 pm   

grey goose wrote:Don't know much about snails, I don't offer them to my gang, maybe ask around in the feeding section. If you are going to feed snails, make sure they come from a clean, reliable source. I'll get some pics of both tanks up in a couple days (things are kinda crazy around here :) ).
Ok, will do. And the snails will definetly come from a clean source, as I already breed them for my Dwarf Puffers :D . .... I cant wait for the pics. Thanks 8)
edgarmedina1010

Post Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:06 pm   

edgarmedina1010 wrote:I cant wait for the pics. Thanks 8)

Sorry about the delay, I've managed to get myself involved in a project that I can't get out of!

Anyway, here's a above shot of the resting ramp. The white stuff floating around is just some remnants of cuttle bone that Gomez has been eating. You can also see the algae beginning to form but since its removable, its much easier to clean:

Here's a shot of the basking ramp with the covers on:

And one with the covers off. The basking ramp shows no signs of algae, despite the UVB lamp set up directly above it:

Here's a "turtle's eye view" of the basking ramp:

Here's Gomez on the resting ramp, leaning on the larger rocks. She looks pretty comfortable:

I'm going to be doing an in depth tank build on a 35 gal. tank (an excellent starter tank, perfect for babies) in about a week or so. I think Steve is going to set it up in a new DIY section. I'll let you know when it's ready......
grey goose

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:25 pm   

I think that it is a nice setup very lucky babies i would be careful with the plants if they are plasic the turtles might attempt to eat them
Pookie

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:19 pm   

Thanks! Those hanging plants are very thick, my guys really don't bother them. But they love hiding and sleeping and generally playing around in them. I'd steer clear of the ones that have tiny or very thin leaves....I also recall something about not using silk plants, but I can't recall why.....
grey goose

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Gallery