Photo Gallery :: Picture taking

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:10 am   Picture taking

Ok, I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the Photo Gallery section.

I'm just wondering how everyone takes such clear pictures through the tank glass?? If I use a flash I get reflection and if I don't , its usually too dark. I can take 50 pictures just to get 2-3 really good ones. Any suggestions. I have a 5mp Nikon Coolpix cam.. so if anyone is familiar with that, maybe they can tell me what settings to use?? any help is appreciated :)
Carol
cam722
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:19 am   

I can't get any pics that are taken thru glass to turn out properly. I'm not all that experienced with the digital cam tho. I'll move this to the photo gallery and I'm sure someone will have an answer for you.
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:33 am   

Um. I took my pictures like 6 feet away from the tank and just zoomed in. Maybe that will help?
IshMaster

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:38 am   

your camera should have different modes for pic taking. you can also shut the flash off.

if the flash is still a problem, take the picture further away. after a certain distance the flash will have no effect.

i would also try holding the camera at an angle and if all else fails, add more lighting.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Photo Gallery