Other Turtle Discussion :: Toys for turtles

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:42 pm   Re: Toys for turtles

omg that stocking is so cute!!!
I'm now inspired to sew up some tiny turtle stockings.
AllTheCandies

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:42 pm   Re: Toys for turtles

Awww! Great ideas for turtle spoiling! I want little stockings toooooooo

Mine don't have a TV, but they can see the goldfish from one side and try to swim through to them all the time. So do the ghost shrimp, I need to get a picture- 2 turtles and 10 shrimp looking at 'greener pastures'

I like to change up the tank decor from time to time, keeps them exploring. I change out combinations of rocks, sea shells, hermit crab shells, various shaped decor, wood chunks. I don't know if they 'like' it, but it does keep them looking around.

My Kat does like TV, Big Cat Diaries only thank you, no It's Me or the Dog. He will tell me about it when i get home.
BiteyBits

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:04 am   Re: Toys for turtles

Ashley wrote:Bowser loves to play with stuff in her tank.
We have a few props (tiny treasure chest, a princess tiara, and a little lounge chair) along with 9 stones, and she loves moving everything around.
Is there anything else that I could put in there for her to play with?
Like a small ball (not too small...she will try to eat anything)?
Adding minnows or other critters won't work. She's way too lazy to chase something that moves. :P
She also loves her new dock/ramp. It's like a little water park for her. She climbs the first ramp, gets on the base platform, then slides down head-first. :lol:

i draw on the side of filbert's tank with a dry-erase marker.
My Babies are:
Filbert... given to a new home :(
Johnny - DSH tabby
Cid - DSH calico
KatieSmeltzer

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:04 am   Re: Toys for turtles

I have a baby red eared slider that seems to have a lot of energy almost all day long. :mrgreen: I've recently moved him into a bigger tank so he can practice swimming before I move him into a 10-gal tank with all the equipment...
I just introduced a ping pong ball to him tonight because he seemed a little on the bored side and I was curious to see what he thought of it. He actually took to it right away and has been attempting to push it up onto his rocks for a few hours now, literally. It's pretty fun to watch, though I'm afraid he'll grow discouraged that he hasn't gotten anywhere in a while. But so far, so good, so try one! :lol:
lovlieliz

Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:20 pm   Re: Toys for turtles

What I used to do was put a Mirror on the side of my tank and watch my turtles flutter at the intruder...soooooo FUNNY..and if you have cichlids they will try to fight the mirror...I had a HUGE oscar that would just stare at himself for ever in a mirror...
DarkGenoc1de on Playstation Network
SINI5T3R

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:07 am   Re: Toys for turtles

LOL @ the TV!!!!!! Mine would LOVE that!!!! Raina loves to watch me play Mortal Kombat.. every time I play it, she gets up on the basking dock and just stares at the TV until I am finished lol
1 Standard Poodle- Tegan
1 Ferret- Xander
2 RES- Raina and Sylvie
1 Betta- Lizardman
sflemin2

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:55 pm   Re: Toys for turtles

Ashley wrote:
VeipaCray wrote:If were talking about spoiled turtles, Moe likes to watch TV. I bought him a little 2.5" LCD tv for his basking area. He loves it. We refer to it as his [T]urtle[V]vision.

CUTE!!!
Post pics!!
Bowser likes watching videos on my iPod Touch. I like to put turtle videos on the screen and hold it up to the tank.
The other day I had her out of the tank and sitting in her carrier on my lap while there was a football game on TV.
This was in the living room so she got to see the big screen TV for the first time ever. She was so intently watching the game!
My Dad turned the channel at one point and she turned her head and looked at him like "Dude, really?" LOL!

What is her carrier? When I get my turtle out he runs and hides! He is super fast! What should I do for him to like me better?
BryttenHope1512

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:58 pm   Re: Toys for turtles

What is her carrier? When I get my turtle out he just runs and hides! What should I do for him to like me better?
BryttenHope1512

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:28 pm   Re: Toys for turtles

ill have to try the mirror idea, a while ago i put a ping pong ball in the tank. I poked it with a thumb tac and let just enough water in the ping pong ball to make it barely float just beneath the surface of the water, this way if she tried to chomp it it would sink almost all the way to the bottom of the tank and rise again very slowly to the top. She messed with it for a couple days and lost interest. Now i just let her chase my finger around the tank, she will do figure 8s from one end of the tank to the other.
Tokapeli

Post Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:03 pm   Re: Toys for turtles

VeipaCray wrote:If were talking about spoiled turtles, Moe likes to watch TV. I bought him a little 2.5" LCD tv for his basking area. He loves it. We refer to it as his [T]urtle[V]vision.

Awesome! George was captivated by the images on my phone last night; I was playing Candy Crush :lol: She also loves to see me lift my leg up and down if I'm on the couch next to her. And of course, there's the finger along the tank game :) :msgreen:

She rearranges her furniture (her strength is surprising!) and just now, I caught her standing up on her hind legs and letting the water flow from the filter hit her chest.

She amazes me. :msgreen:
Impulse Shopper

Post Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:22 pm   Re: Toys for turtles

I have seen people use a laser pointer for african cichlids. I'm sure active turtles would chase that too. But if your turtle doesn't like to chase things that wont work.
CamdenH17

Post Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:48 pm   Re: Toys for turtles

I keep live freshwater snails in my tank. They love to crawl on my Razorback Musk and I train her leg muscles and try to get her to kick them off but most of the time I just pull them off. It's like turtle football. :D
1 RES Evergreen
1 Razorback Musk Acorn
1 Common Musk Charcoal ( Rest In Peace :cry:)
1 Red-Bellied Turtle Hermes
mythicalpet

Post Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:40 am   Re: Toys for turtles

Wby do you keep bringing up old posts?
One RES named "The Hulk" (named by my kids. Lol ) 4 1/2" SCL
Rescued July 10, 2014 from a waste water treatment facility.
Joddog

Post Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:18 am   Re: Toys for turtles

O am so gonna try this!!!! There are no toys with my turtles so I better give this a try!!! :mrgreen:
1 RES Evergreen
1 Razorback Musk Acorn
1 Common Musk Charcoal ( Rest In Peace :cry:)
1 Red-Bellied Turtle Hermes
mythicalpet

Previous

Return to Other Turtle Discussion