Other Turtle Discussion :: ???

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:27 pm   ???

I got a bigger habitat and kiddie pool for a mississippe map turtle and my dad wants to buy one too. On the other hand, I have my stepdad and my mom that says no because we have too many. I only have 2! The turtle will be juv size and I do have a place a seperate. My parents are one of those parents that hate animals inside the house. My stepdad quoted ( this is real):
"NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO MORE ANIMALS"

Yesterday, my mom said yes, but I wanted to make sure, and she replied saying:
" What ? No more and that's it" via Messaging.

Any way of persuading them?
Turtles:
Dexter (RES)
Shelby (RES - gone and I feel really really bad).
Miracle (Box Turtle - Given to me after Shelby left us).
Orion (Mississippi Map Turtle).
AlexisAwesome

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:14 pm   Re: ???

They're your parents... you would know best how to persuade them. I'm not sure how old you are, but keep in mind, these guys live for a long time, and you may go off to college or be in some other living situation in a few years where you wouldn't be able to take the turtles. That would leave your parents responsible for them, so they have to think about what they're willing to handle.

Not trying to be a buzzkill... Just letting you know how they may be thinking.
:mrgreen: Bill - RES
Dixie, Georgia, and Scrappy - cats
ataraxiamb

Post Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:20 pm   Re: ???

My sophomore year of college, I ended up having about $2,000 in unexpected vet bills (not including routine shots/check ups). Turtles both had to be treated for shell fungus, my cat had surgery for a kidney stone and my chameleon was egg binding. It's tempting to get more pets when your parents support you, but you have to consider that all these animals will be with you for a very long time. Getting another turtle may not be a good idea in the long run.

Maybe you could volunteer at an animal shelter or reptile rescue if you want to be involved with more animals?
3 RES- Sajko, Lajzi, and Nacho
2 Kitty Cats- Lolcat and Bear
Kurtni

Return to Other Turtle Discussion