Other Turtle Discussion :: Possible tankmate?

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:06 am   Possible tankmate?

Hey guys haven't posted in a while but I was wondering if a 3 inch red eared slider could be tankmate with a baby Reeves turtle or diamond back Terrapin PLZ answer ASAP thanks bye
2 3 inch RES in 20 gallon gonna upgrade more soon well in December getting a VERY large tank for their new tankmate in December either DBT Map or Reeves Top fin 30 gallon power filter large basking rock 4 rosy red minnows and all living things day bulb
preyas1207

Post Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:33 am   Re: Possible tankmate?

Would you be able to separate them if necessary? Is the DBT wild caught?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:47 pm   Re: Possible tankmate?

No its a pure bred hatching and I have an extra 10 gallon for the Reeves or dbt incase of a fight
2 3 inch RES in 20 gallon gonna upgrade more soon well in December getting a VERY large tank for their new tankmate in December either DBT Map or Reeves Top fin 30 gallon power filter large basking rock 4 rosy red minnows and all living things day bulb
preyas1207

Post Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:05 am   Re: Possible tankmate?

Post some pictures!
devilduck

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:18 pm   Re: Possible tankmate?

Keep in mind male and female RES can be very aggressive but yes, you can try them together (according to http://www.austinsturtlepage.com/Care/cs-northdbt.htm)
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:22 pm   Re: Possible tankmate?

K thx guys unfortunately I cannot post some pictures due to the fact it's 20 min away but I can describe their enclosure and the turtles aswell so their in about 100 gallon tank with 4 basking spots the guy said he uses some zoo med products mostly so their fed the hatching zoo med pellets water about 1 inch deep and the turtles dbt is the ornate species I think they have very nice coloring and the turtles are also hatching they have about 30 turtles of res dbt. Map turtle and Reeves mixed altogether with. 5 feeder fish(rosy reds) and once the shop owner showed me the parents of the hatching and incubating eggs the good thing is I won't be getting them until December so the hatching will grow and my RES sadly aren't growing that much and the prices are $29.99 for all turtles except the RES which is $19.95 and I forgot to mention I was gonna get the turtle its own enclosure then once big enough with my res and if u would like to know what I will be getting them ask in a reply
preyas1207

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:49 pm   Re: Possible tankmate?

If they're selling the diamondbacks as 'ornate' diamondbacks...and they're any less than $400 each, they're lying, they're not ornates.
justatwinturbo

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:37 pm   Re: Possible tankmate?

I said I think but probably not or the shop has a great deal
preyas1207

Return to Other Turtle Discussion