Other Turtle Discussion :: Should I get my turtle a roommate

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:53 pm   Should I get my turtle a roommate

Hi everyone. I have a very large red eared slider named Milton. We are more than positive he is a male since his claws are so long. Hes in a 50 gal tall tank I believe with a turtle "loft" at the top of the tank. My question is he seems kind of lonely and maybe we might consider getting him a roommate. I definitely dont want a female because I dont have the time for baby turtles at the moment, so I was considering another male. Milton can be a bit aggressive and does tend to bite and hiss when you take him out of the tank so I dont want him to cause any harm to another turtle and we dont really have room for a separate tank. We also will be moving to AZ from CA in June/July and I dont want to put two turtles under driving stress if I dont have to. Im kind of torn on the subject, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance
turtle_corgi_mom

Post Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:38 am   Re: Should I get my turtle a roommate

I would advise against getting another turtle simply because you wouldn't be able to separate them if they get aggressive.
1 Male Mississippi Map/Mississippi
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT White Concentric Female/ Lucky
1 DBT Male/ Spots
(Housed in the same tank)

300 gallon indoor stock tank, FX6 & FX5 filters. Mega-Ray 100w UVB bulb.
Kansasslider

Post Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:27 pm   Re: Should I get my turtle a roommate

Males especially should be kept separate but they don't get lonely… he'll be fine alone.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Other Turtle Discussion