Other Turtle Discussion :: what do you do when you see a really sad craigslist post?

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:54 pm   what do you do when you see a really sad craigslist post?

I'm not really in the market for another aquatic turtle (no extra space!), but sometimes I browse craigslist and adoption sites to see what needs a home. Anyway I came across this one today: http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/for/4351119920.html

It broke my heart :( I really wanted to reply to the person who posted it but I didn't want to sound mean or condescending, saying how he should take care of a turtle that he's trying to get rid of anyway. What would you guys do? This poor turtle is obviously in need of some good care.
emilybean

Post Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:02 am   Re: what do you do when you see a really sad craigslist post

I purposley do not look at these craiglist ads for that reason. There are too many turtles in need of help.
1 F RES 9" (Kingler)
1 F Belize Slider 7" (Agamemnon)
My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/condorboy1/videos
Linus

Post Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:01 am   Re: what do you do when you see a really sad craigslist post

This person has probably gotten bored with their turtle. I don't think saying anything now would do any good. Hopefully it will find a better home with a bigger tank.
1 Male Mississippi Map/Mississippi
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT White Concentric Female/ Lucky
1 DBT Male/ Spots
(Housed in the same tank)

300 gallon indoor stock tank, FX6 & FX5 filters. Mega-Ray 100w UVB bulb.
Kansasslider

Post Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:02 pm   Re: what do you do when you see a really sad craigslist post

Yeah I guess looking at craigslist is a little like self-torture.. In a few months I might be able to get another turtle, and it doesn't make much sense to me to buy a turtle when there are so many out there that need help :(

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer! Maybe one day I can have a big pond with a bunch of rescued turtles and be a turtle lady :msgreen:
emilybean

Post Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:30 pm   Re: what do you do when you see a really sad craigslist post

I have one of those well its a lake and the turtles arnt mine! :D
1 Male Mississippi Map/Mississippi
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT White Concentric Female/ Lucky
1 DBT Male/ Spots
(Housed in the same tank)

300 gallon indoor stock tank, FX6 & FX5 filters. Mega-Ray 100w UVB bulb.
Kansasslider

Post Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:26 am   Re: what do you do when you see a really sad craigslist post

I wish i had huge pond, then get ALL the turtles!!1
1 Cuban Tree Frog
2 Eastern River Cooters
2 YBS
1 3 Striped Mud
1 Peninsula Cooter
2 Dogs
Paul

Return to Other Turtle Discussion