Other Turtle Discussion :: Using a Zoo Med Tortoise Playpen for RES outdoor basking

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:19 am   Using a Zoo Med Tortoise Playpen for RES outdoor basking

Since it's getting warmer outside (yay springtime!), I was planning on taking Yertle out into the backyard for some fresh air. The only issue is we have 3 dogs and they are very curious when it comes to the turtle (especially the pug). I saw that PetSmart sells a tortoise playpen for torts to be outside, and I've been toying with the idea of buying one for Yertz to roam in outside (heavily supervised of course). Should I buy it?

Thanks!
1 RES - Yertle (March 31, 2010)
theshupirate07

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:29 pm   Re: Using a Zoo Med Tortoise Playpen for RES outdoor basking

I'd make one. How about this? viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32365
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:31 am   Re: Using a Zoo Med Tortoise Playpen for RES outdoor basking

You can use a kiddie pool too. When the turtle is not using it my dogs are, so all my pets get some use out of it. Just make sure that you have some area of shade for the turtle to get to.
devilduck

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:28 pm   Re: Using a Zoo Med Tortoise Playpen for RES outdoor basking

My pug loves my RES too. Luckily he has experience with small animals and is very good with them. He likes to sniff her butt hehe..
Caito Jones

Return to Other Turtle Discussion