Other Turtle Discussion :: Funny

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:04 pm   Funny

The ramp leading up to Mr. Turtle's dock has quite a bit of algae on it. Tonight I decided to put my two snails up there so they could work their magic. I have to say, they were doing a great job! However, it appears that Mr. Turtle got jealous... He has been nibbling at the algae, and I guess he didn't want to share, because he went over and nudged at the snails until they fell off and then started eating the algae himself. I couldn't help but laugh! He is quite the character! Thought you'd all get a kick out of it too :lol:
clearblack14

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:57 pm   Re: Funny

Hopefully he leaves the snails alone :)

What kind of dock? If it's a Zoo Med dock, you're better off using a different kind. If you have algae on your tank's seals, I would clean them. My RES would nibble on it to the point that it caused a leak.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:25 pm   Re: Funny

This is the dock I have: http://smile.amazon.com/Decorative-Turtle-Floating-Basking-Platform/dp/B004PBCFG2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1404404479&sr=8-5&keywords=turtle+dock (the triangular one)
Hopefully it's a good one! Seems to be working well for now :)

And thank you for the tip about the algae! So far it's pretty much only on the ramp or on some of the rocks. But I will definitely clean it if it gets on the glass/corners!
Last edited by clearblack14 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clearblack14

Post Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:27 pm   Re: Funny

Regarding the Zoo Med dock... Is it not a good one because turtles sometimes eat it? I have read about turtles eating the dock and getting sick. Just curious for future reference!
clearblack14

Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:20 pm   Re: Funny

Yes, it's mostly made of styrofoam. Just avoid it :)
steve
Site Admin

Return to Other Turtle Discussion