Other Turtle Discussion :: Looking for Turtle foster home in Los Angeles area

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:17 am   Looking for Turtle foster home in Los Angeles area

Hi everyone,
I have a 6" female red eared slider whom I love very dearly, I've had her since she was a hatchling, she is going to be 7 years old this year. She is my first pet that's not a fish. Unfortunately, I have to head back to my home country of Singapore to serve the military (compulsory for 18 year old singapore male citizens) for 2 years in a weeks time. I have been looking for ways to ship her to Singapore with me, but unfortunately it will cost me around $600+, money which I don't have. I will be coming back to the US after my service, so I'm hoping I can find a foster home for my turtle for the 2 or 3 years that I'm gone. I want her back!

She is very friendly, lives with 5 African cichlids and a red tailed shark, loves attention, not shy at all. Very healthy turtle. She's currently shedding, and we let her out in a closed off area outdoors for sunshine almost every day for a short period of time to bask.

If I can find someone responsible and turtle-loving to foster care my turtle that'd be great. I'll provide everything you need, lights, 40 gallon breeder tank, canister filter, turtle dock, some turtle food. I'll pay you $250 for food and other expenses. Sorry I know its not a lot, but I'm a broke 18 year old.. ):

1 RES
1 convict
2 black neon tetra
3 Minnow
Lilsaint

Post Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:57 pm   Re: Looking for Turtle foster home in Los Angeles area

That's unfortunate, I hope you can find someone to work with.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:20 pm   Re: Looking for Turtle foster home in Los Angeles area

Send me a PM. Let's talk. :msgreen:
Impulse Shopper

Return to Other Turtle Discussion