Other Turtle Discussion :: Need to give my two RES away to??? Live Westchester 10520

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:40 am   Need to give my two RES away to??? Live Westchester 10520

Hi
Unfortunately, I am having to find a new home for my two RES. I've had them for about 10 years. One male in a 50 gallon tank and one female in a 75 gallon tank. I've had them since they were the size of a silver dollar and now they're full sized adults. The male is probably 8" and the female around 10". They lived in one tank for several years, until the male got too aggressive and was essentially hurting the larger female.

So, several years ago I went from having them together, to the vet telling me to split them up. Twice the work. Twice the money.

I recently started having serious back problems and can no longer care for them properly.
Big filters and water changes and all. Both filters work fine and the tanks and stands are fine.

I'm trying to do the right thing and give them to someone who can take care of them. All of the equipment will, of course, be donated to whomever takes the turtles as that is what makes sense and I'm certainly in no way trying to sell anything. I'm just trying to do what is right and fair. They've been a big responsibility that I've taken very seriously for a decade. I've gone through a lot with them...vet bills and antibiotic injections and stuff, because they're lives that I was responsible for. But I just can't do it anymore.

I live in Croton on Hudson, NY. ZIP IS 10520. It's about 30 miles north of manhattan, near White Plains, NY. It's northern Westchester County.

I don't even know where to begin in terms of who might take them. I do live near Teatown, which is a big nature center, so I'll ask them as well.

If anybody is interested, please contact me at mperetz@umich.edu
peretzcroton

Return to Other Turtle Discussion