Other Turtle Discussion :: Research About Commercial Diets of RES Turtles

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:57 am   Research About Commercial Diets of RES Turtles

Hi Guys! Just wanted to ask if you guys can help me out with my research. :roll:
My research title is "A Comparative Study on the Effect of Different Commercial Diets On the Growth Rate of Red Eared Slider Turtles." :mrgreen:

I will be comparing different commercial diets of RES Turtles and do you guys have any suggestion of what commercial diets I should us? I made this research because I want to be able to help Turtle owners that can unfortunately, only feed Commercial Diets. I thought about using Reptomin and Mazuri. I need at least two more to add in the comparison. Also, do you guys know any related research about my research? It would really be a great help if you guys can suggest anything. :D

Thanks! :lol:
gabeeee

Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:37 pm   Re: Research About Commercial Diets of RES Turtles

Omega one dusted with calcium is what I feed. I coat them with the calcium. I agree with your choice of Reptomin just because a lot of people use it but there are many better options.
1 Male Mississippi Map/Mississippi
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT White Concentric Female/ Lucky
1 DBT Male/ Spots
(Housed in the same tank)

300 gallon indoor stock tank, FX6 & FX5 filters. Mega-Ray 100w UVB bulb.
Kansasslider

Post Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:36 am   Re: Research About Commercial Diets of RES Turtles

I don't know of any similar research. This is a good page to just review and get an idea of what people are using:
http://theturtleroom.com/blog/2012/04/2 ... pplements/
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:20 am   Re: Research About Commercial Diets of RES Turtles

Thanks guys! I appreciate the help!
gabeeee

Return to Other Turtle Discussion