Other Turtle Discussion :: Soon to be available 40 Gallon Breeder

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:53 am   Soon to be available 40 Gallon Breeder

Hello All!

Not sure this goes here but I figured I'd try to see if there was some interest or suggestions regarding my existing 40 gallon breeder. Sheldon is quickly outgrowing her space and at Petsmart's latest tank sale, I purchased a wonderful 75 gallon. That being said, the 40 gallon needs to go. Are there any takers? I can post pics if people want - it's only been in use for a year and a half (purchased September 2013). It would only be the tank, not the stand it's on (the tank and the weight kind of wrecked it so I wouldn't feel comfortable giving that to someone else).

Also, I intend to wait until warmer weather to make the swap because then I can use my porch to get the cleaning supplies out into. Right now it's buried under 2.5 feet of snow. That's also the reason the 75 gallon is waiting at my folks' place. Until the tunnel that is my front walk is gone (and the below freezing temps and wind chills), we don't want the glass tank to spend any extended period of time while we're trying to move it. I'm looking for some time in April or early May for the 40 to be available.

Shipping it would probably be a little dangerous so it would probably need to be a drive by or a meet somewhere kind of thing (along with an agreed upon price, which persons interested and I can talk in private about). I know that limits it to people who are near the WNY area but I highly doubt it would survive the USPS or FedEx unless someone can tell me if they've had luck shipping it.

So let me know or let me know if I should try to post an ad somewhere.

Thanks!
cutepanda86
1 RES - A girl named Sheldon
1 feeder fish - affectionately named Fishy - RIP 5/27/12
cutepanda86

Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:32 am   Re: Soon to be available 40 Gallon Breeder

Congrats on the new tank! You could post it on Craig's list when your ready to sell. I still have one also. I guess I'm just holding on to it just in case I need it for something.
1 Male Mississippi Map/Mississippi
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT White Concentric Female/ Lucky
1 DBT Male/ Spots
(Housed in the same tank)

300 gallon indoor stock tank, FX6 & FX5 filters. Mega-Ray 100w UVB bulb.
Kansasslider

Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:58 am   Re: Soon to be available 40 Gallon Breeder

I would try to put it on craigslist as well.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:19 pm   Re: Soon to be available 40 Gallon Breeder

Thanks Kansasslider! I did the same thing with my 15 gallon until I got so sick of looking at it that I pitched it. No one would take it and it was sucking up space in my storage cube in the basement.

I guess Craigslist will be the way to go. I was just curious if anyone here needed one.

Thanks you guys!
1 RES - A girl named Sheldon
1 feeder fish - affectionately named Fishy - RIP 5/27/12
cutepanda86

Return to Other Turtle Discussion