Other Turtle Discussion :: Hybino Red Ear Slider playing king of the hill as always.

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:06 pm   Hybino Red Ear Slider playing king of the hill as always.

My Hybino is the boss over its albino tank mates as ususal on a daily basis. :D :mrgreen: :msgreen:
Attachments
both turtles.jpeg
Confirmed Sexed Pair of Albino Red Ear Sliders, Baby Albino and Hybino Red Ear Slider and Adult Normal Male Red Ear Slider
Tampa Bay Turtle Fan

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:00 pm   Re: Hybino Red Ear Slider playing king of the hill as always

That's how my Map and RES bask! ☺
1 Male Mississippi Map/Mississippi
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT White Concentric Female/ Lucky
1 DBT Male/ Spots
(Housed in the same tank)

300 gallon indoor stock tank, FX6 & FX5 filters. Mega-Ray 100w UVB bulb.
Kansasslider

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:46 pm   Re: Hybino Red Ear Slider playing king of the hill as always

Kansasslider wrote:That's how my Map and RES bask! ☺

Yes, lol I think it is adorable.... Any photos of yours?
Confirmed Sexed Pair of Albino Red Ear Sliders, Baby Albino and Hybino Red Ear Slider and Adult Normal Male Red Ear Slider
Tampa Bay Turtle Fan

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:50 pm   Re: Hybino Red Ear Slider playing king of the hill as always

No pictures because my
Map won't stay put long enough. ☺
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT Male/ Spots

Kansasslider

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:06 pm   Re: Hybino Red Ear Slider playing king of the hill as always

lololol my female hypo is that way too. Very difficult to photo at times.
Tampa Bay Turtle Fan

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:29 pm   Re: Hybino Red Ear Slider playing king of the hill as always

Gorgeous turtles by the way.
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT Male/ Spots

Kansasslider

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:40 pm   Re: Hybino Red Ear Slider playing king of the hill as always

Thank you kindly, much appreciated . Thanks to turtle girl on the forums and you listing your map turtles, I think that I will be getting into them in a bit. I seen for the first time a Leucistic Mississippi Map Turtle the other day and I was like wow, of course not at the pricing lolol. I am looking to add one to my group in the next few months maybe at the daytona breeders expo. Below is a link of one, I love the stripping. Here is a link of one below. Not sure if you ever seen one, what is your thought?

http://www.theturtlesource.com/turtleCo ... mPHOTO.jpg
Tampa Bay Turtle Fan

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:18 pm   Re: Hybino Red Ear Slider playing king of the hill as always

That's a really nice looking Map turtle! I was thinking albino RES when I bought my dbt's. They just cost a lot so I went with my dbt' instead.
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT Male/ Spots

Kansasslider

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:02 pm   Re: Hybino Red Ear Slider playing king of the hill as always

I like the dbt's myself really however I have always into morphs (primarily breeding of boas). I no longer live in a large home so caging is limited. I do have a decent area in the backyard though that I can keep many large waterland tubs or converted tuff tubs that turtle girl pointed out to be that obtained my interest. I remember being able to buy albino RES for 100 dollars and Albino Snapping turtles for 700. I am not sure what drove the market to the level it is today.... Its crazy ! I managed to get my pair of albinos fairly reasonable for todays value but it was very hard to do even on kingsnake. I never seen any lower prices yet since then. I did see the adult albino fairly priced on there a few days ago, actually really great price for a adult breeder but I had to pay several thousand dollars on my taxes today so of course another turtle is on the back burner at the moment. I will be selling albino RES with perfect shells and no nips here shortly as I can get them anytime I want locally and I will be doing partial trades for other species of course. Do you know of any morphs in the dbts by any chance? I never looked them up but I like them a lot.
Tampa Bay Turtle Fan

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:24 pm   Re: Hybino Red Ear Slider playing king of the hill as always

No I don't know anything about morph dbt's but that would be cool..
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT Male/ Spots

Kansasslider

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:27 pm   Re: Hybino Red Ear Slider playing king of the hill as always

Took me awhile to look a Albino Diamondback Terrapin up but there is one. They look new and not on the market yet, but here is the web page link below with the photo of it.

http://thereptilereport.com/albino-diam ... -terrapin/
Tampa Bay Turtle Fan

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:56 am   Re: Hybino Red Ear Slider playing king of the hill as always

That's some stacking skill! The Hybino lokos unreal :)
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:03 am   Re: Hybino Red Ear Slider playing king of the hill as always

Crazy!
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT Male/ Spots

Kansasslider

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:53 pm   Re: Hybino Red Ear Slider playing king of the hill as always

steve wrote:That's some stacking skill! The Hybino lokos unreal :)

LOLOLOL It is, it is so very cute though during their basking periods. I will be looking for the lucy map during the daytona show. Come down here Steve if you wish to for the show and be around the times you can get to see some of sea turtle babies which are adorable on shell island. Let me know in advance and I most likely ( 99 to 100 percent sure ) that I will get you approved for a week or less free after talking to my boss in one of our rental homes that I manage. My boss will approve it for me or you can stay here at my place but no conspiracies with turtle girl lol on unauthorized adoptions lol . He would let me, or free camping on shell island which I intend to do as well.

Kansasslider wrote:Crazy!

Yeah all the morphs coming out is amazing however like the ball python and boa morphs that went wild in creations and patterns, the turtle morphs are just starting to be tinkered with and with endless possibilities. I would like to jump on this band wagon sort of speak and turtle girl had given me a creative idea on selected breeding and is not known on the the market as of yet however the big breeders like turtle source I am sure are already working on those goals secretly as many of the big breeders do. I had some of the original adult piedbald boas ever seen and breeders like peter khal, Brian Sharp and Joe Terry offered me big dollars for which I turned down. I produced the first litter with them however a unexpected house fire wiped out most of my collection many years ago. They still are rare but more and more are coming out once in awhile at big prices even today. I was lucky to find them as young adults and a pair back in the day. Peter Khal who confirmed the sexes of them himself while in Daytona, Brian Sharp and Joe Terry was blown away back then.
Tampa Bay Turtle Fan

Return to Other Turtle Discussion