Other Turtle Discussion :: Gone Nocturnal ?

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:17 am   Gone Nocturnal ?

Seems like every year my Mickey (adult male RES) comes up with something new , especially come winter. We were watching the movie series Underworld and Mickey from his basking area watched to. Chopsley had nothing to do with the TV. Now Mickey thinks he's a vampire. He's gone NOCTURNAL ! sleeps day , up all night. Just a coincident but are they smarter than we think and he's playing a role game? First time going nocturnal with me and seems very much more active at night. Or did he get excited about Kate Beckinsale as Seiene , who knows. This keeps up won't be getting much sleep. And the tank in the other room. Anyone with a RES knows what I'm saying he's into playing superman , does aerobics , running , weight training , swimming you get the idea. Why nocturnal , that's going to hard to deal with... until next year...
litefoot

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:37 pm   Re: Gone Nocturnal ?

Nocturnal as in late evening or when it's pitch black inside? My male RES has a tendency to bite his claws at night and putting up quite a fit while doing it. He used to bite other things as well, but now his tank is pretty bare.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:53 pm   Re: Gone Nocturnal ?

I do have a few more things in setup since I got Chopsley , more hiding area , being he's small. Mickey always moved things around. I feel he's doing it more now and while Chopsley's sleeping. Don't want to get caught. They still get along great but I know one day each will need there own home. For now may do like you and others , go to a barer setup. Use to think more is better but now a days ...?
Last edited by litefoot on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
litefoot

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:56 pm   Re: Gone Nocturnal ?

My turtles don't eat much during winter. Other than that they bask about the same.
1 Male Mississippi Map/Mississippi
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT White Concentric Female/ Lucky
1 DBT Male/ Spots
(Housed in the same tank)

300 gallon indoor stock tank, FX6 & FX5 filters. Mega-Ray 100w UVB bulb.
Kansasslider

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:24 am   Re: Gone Nocturnal ?

My babies come fall may go up to 2 weeks eating quite a bit lees but they do go back to normal eating habits. All the boys actually have separate beds they sleep in every night (360 days a year in case of extreme hot summer nights) and sleep well. My big girl used to move furniture in our living room. He may party at night because of water temperature, sounds or vibrations keep him from sleeping.
Children that fit in the palm of your hand.
skipolippers

Return to Other Turtle Discussion