Other Turtle Discussion :: Help! Moving and can't take turtle...

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:11 pm   Help! Moving and can't take turtle...

Hello all,

My family is downsizing and likely to move in with my in-laws during the transition. The situation, and inherent uncertainty has caused me to look into finding a new home for my slider, Charlie. He was a gift from a student (I'm a teacher in NYC), and based on the information I believe that he is a male, roughly 5 years old. To add a greater sense of urgency to the situation, my Rena XP3 just stopped working the other day and I can't seem to get it working again.

I'm obviously frustrated and distraught by the whole situation, and am open to any recommendations to help find a good home for Charlie. I reluctantly would like to add that I have a 55 gallon tank, the stand, a siphon, buckets, and the filter (if anyone would want a project in fixing it up), that would travel with the turtle. I hope offering this information doesn't entice someone to reach out to me for the wrong reasons, but I just want to give the total picture.

I live on Long Island and have already looked into local organizations and tried to find a friend or colleague to take Charlie with no success. I plan on calling a few local vets for recommendations tomorrow as well, but I figured it couldn't hurt to reach out to this forum as collectively, you have all taught me everything I know about caring for turtles.

Thanks in advance!
J0NATHAN85

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:26 am   Re: Help! Moving and can't take turtle...

I don't know of anyone currently looking, but I'm hoping you're able to find something for Charlie soon. I know this time of year/weather can make it much harder. Good luck!
steve
Site Admin

Return to Other Turtle Discussion