Other Turtle Discussion :: How can I identify the gender of my turtle !!! :(

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:34 am   How can I identify the gender of my turtle !!! :(

Hi everyone.. I have 2 red eared slider turtles and they are about 10 years old and yet I don't know if they are both males or both females sincd they didn't have sex or anything and I am planning to buy another one with different gender so can you check if those turtles are males or females? I will attach their pictures please reply asap I need your help
Attachments
rps20170620_131627.jpg
rps20170620_131627.jpg (15.22 KiB) Viewed 8880 times
rps20170620_131721.jpg
rps20170620_131721.jpg (25.49 KiB) Viewed 8880 times
Fahadeagle

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:55 am   How can I identify the gender of my turtle !!! :(

Hi everyone.. I have 2 red eared slider turtles and they are about 10 years old and yet I don't know if they are both males or both females sincd they didn't have sex or anything and I am planning to buy another one with different gender so can you check if those turtles are males or females? I will attach their pictures please reply asap I need your help " I uploaded two pictures one of its tail and one of its claws so please tell me if it is a he or she"
Attachments
rps٢٠١٧٠٦٢٠_١٣٤٣٣١.jpg
rps٢٠١٧٠٦٢٠_١٣٤٢٤٦.jpg
Fahadeagle

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:13 am   Re: How can I identify the gender of my turtle !!! :(

Looks female, but why get another one? You're lucky if they are getting a long and a male RES will definitely cause a lot of fighting.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:51 am   Re: How can I identify the gender of my turtle !!! :(

but they lately seem they want to have sex and both are of the same gender which is female for that reason I need a male for them.. but how can I identify if a turtle is male or female O_o
Fahadeagle

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:04 am   Re: How can I identify the gender of my turtle !!! :(

so I started searching for someone who sells red eared slider turtles and i found one who wants to sell his 14 years old turtle and I was confused if it was a male or female so can you check its picture in this link? http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/ ... ozmye0.jpg
Fahadeagle

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:16 am   Re: How can I identify the gender of my turtle !!! :(

Why get a male ( just asking for problems )would you want them to have sex ? Babies???? We have such an overpopulated supply of RES's in the world now. When people play the game to see them have babies they are over whelmed and turn most loose into the wild that's not even a natural habitat for RES's. Then they die !!!
Some have a hard enough time with one or two to raise happy and healthy due to needing a Correct Habitat and Cost ! Do you know how many eggs a turtle can lay a year. Did you know a female can hold sperm from one egg batch to another , babies and babies...
A turtle need's for every 1" of shell 10 gallons water alone to be happy , healthy , and to control the waters parameters ! One adult female 12" that's 120 gallons water alone. Please think about when you end up with 20 plus babies. Four post and have two 10 year old turtles with no clue on sex's.... Lots of homework needed to do ! When one makes an animal a captive pets it's our responsibility to offer it a correct habitat and diet to live a normal life and turtles live 50 years with some even longer.
litefoot

Return to Other Turtle Discussion