Other Turtle Discussion :: How to mildly annoy your turtle

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:02 am   How to mildly annoy your turtle

Okay you know, I love all of my pets. They are my children. So ya gotta tease 'em sometimes, cause it's funny. :lol: Obviously I'm in no way doing these violently, be soft with your turtles (y) This is how to mildly annoy them, not how to violently make them angry :roll:

1) Grab their front foot and shake it
OR
2) Put your finger under their front foot and wiggle it

3) Boop the nose ! (I also do that when they are too snappy, they are so offended they calm themselves after lol)

4) Never let go of that shrimp

5) Show the pellets then put it back on the shelves (they get so upset when I do that istg, but always give them at least one when you do that otherwise IMO they just end up being frustrated)

6) Slightly change the direction they are swimming with a small push (mine always stop and look at me when I do that lol)

7) My turtles tend to go on the basking area when I feed them, so sometimes I just put a dried shrimp on top of their head. :roll:

So do you annoy your pets too ? :lol: I know that turtles are less responsive to these kind of things than cats or dogs but I still have fun with them.

Anyway, don't forget to show them love after lol
PokePony

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:50 am   Re: How to mildly annoy your turtle

Oh wow, I do those things too. My brother once gave my turtle an "eskimo kiss" and she promptly bite him :lol: I'll sometimes grab their hand and drag them around the surface a little. I used to also follow them around with my hand and then "scoop" them up with the back of my hand... I don't do that anymore since they're too strong and I don't want them to fall against anything.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:15 am   Re: How to mildly annoy your turtle

For me and Piggley the #1 & 2 turned into teaching him to Hi 5 or in Piggley's case a Hi 4.

The #4 is a tug of war game but today at Piggley's size and strength , he wins all the time.

The #6 is our best game , started the same as you // Now he loves being pushed around the tank as if he's skim boarding.

Most of this was done to get him to stop begging when feed time is over , to get his attention on something else. Now it's our play time !!!
Or should I say who's got who trained ?
litefoot

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:05 pm   Re: How to mildly annoy your turtle

steve wrote:Oh wow, I do those things too. My brother once gave my turtle an "eskimo kiss" and she promptly bite him :lol:

Your brother is brave, or maybe just a bit silly ahah ! I would never approach my face like that with mine :lol:

litefoot wrote:Or should I say who's got who trained ?

Oh, my pets definitely train me ahahah ! I give more 'tough love' to my turts than my dogs because for me it's a bit more delicate to take care of them, but I can't do anything against my doggos puppy eyes/whining. I'm weak !
PokePony

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:57 pm   Re: How to mildly annoy your turtle

Just wait until your turtles master there expressions. And they will ! Piggley has them down pat ! He has the puppy dog look to a tee and I give in every time. You know the one , head tilted down to the side a little with the eyes at the very top. Piggley mastered that one !
litefoot

Return to Other Turtle Discussion