Other Turtle Discussion :: How to keep my R.E.S happy and entertained?

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:49 pm   How to keep my R.E.S happy and entertained?

I'm trying to give my turtle the best life he can possibly have with me so I'm wondering, is there any way to entertain him? What can I do to entertain him and make him happy?
WillyBoi

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:33 am   Re: How to keep my R.E.S happy and entertained?

Big tank, variety of food... not sure if you can "entertain" them. I do have an enclosed area outside that they seem to like.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:13 am   Re: How to keep my R.E.S happy and entertained?

steve wrote:Big tank, variety of food... not sure if you can "entertain" them. I do have an enclosed area outside that they seem to like.

Do you think a 90 gallon tank is big enough for a (i think female) 8 inch red eared slider? Shes already 12 so I don't think she'll grow anymore. Also what kind of variety of food do you suggest for an adult res? I heard adults don't need as much protein like live food and such.
WillyBoi

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:49 am   Re: How to keep my R.E.S happy and entertained?

If it's 90 gallon of water, then it's perfect. If it's your total tank capacity but it's filled only halfway, you would need to tweak it so you can fill it completely. Even as an adult, you can always give her some live fish sometimes so she can hunt a bit :)
PokePony

Return to Other Turtle Discussion