Other Turtle Discussion :: Fluval - BAD! (Ranting)

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:28 pm   Fluval - BAD! (Ranting)

cleaned everything yesterday and this morning found alot of water in the turtle room floor. Fluval 304 decided to leak during the night. it's leaked before and sits in a small bucket, but it could only hold so much. anyway the ceiling downstairs needs to be repainted (it was painted 2 months ago because of previous water accidents) again. so i reseated the filter, to make sure it won't leak. however, the case decides to crack and is currently unusable. and its hot too, so the styrafoam cooler i was going to use for the turts can't be put to work.

then later in the day, i'm off to cut some tile i'm using for the new basking platform, and it shatters. only good thing is my turts are finally accepting veggies! however, one of them thought my finger was a carrot and took a chomp :roll:
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:57 pm   

Man. Sounds like you've had a rough day. Look on the bright side tho...it can't possibly get worse right? :lol:
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:09 pm   

i just spilled a cup of soda on the stairs. 50 minutes to midnight :)
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:45 am   

Is it terrible that I'm laughing?
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:59 pm   

not at all, i'm sure i'll laugh about it in a year or two :twisted:
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:47 pm   Dude not fair!

Its just not your day. sucks for you lol! :D
GouzlanTheAmerican

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:22 pm   

Well Steve, just so you don't feel like you're the only one who has those days... I decided to clean the tank... got a new python.. figured, hey this is going to be a piece of cake.. Yeah RIGHT!!! I filled up (using the python) their "spare" play place so I could give this thing a thorough scrubbing. Everything's great so far.. Start to rip apart the tank.. and get yelled at by my 4 yr old grandson that I'm in his way and he can't play his game.. well too bad.. so I continue. Fix the set up on the Python to clean the tank.. and no go... not enough water pressure from my well to do that.. sigh.. so well back to the old siphon method. So, I have my 8 yr old grand daughter keeping an eye on the water level while I'm trying to get as much crud up as I can.. and then I get.. HELP me with this game please.. so I take a break to help him "beat" something and someone stopped watching the level of the water in the bucket.. and so then I covered my living room floor with dirty turtle water.. LOL... and at that time .. the phone decides to ring.. and its my son.. Hey Mom, remember that hotel we stayed at in State College.. well yeah but I'm flooded with turtle water.. I'll call ya back!!!! Oh and to top it all off.. when I realized that the water was over flowing.. silly me just dropped the wireless gamecube control.. guess where??? LOL in the dirty turtle water!!! Sheesh. So there's the laugh for the day.
Last edited by cam722 on Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cam722
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:19 am   

picture this.....doing yard work with my grandkids ages 4 and 5 trying to get a little sun,the kids ask me to let the puppies out 5 - 6wk old rottweilers, with in 5 min they are bored with the pups and go off to swing.....here am I hot sweaty and lotioned down to repel mosquittos, super bad this year. having to chase the pups outta the flowers etc. so I catch um one by one and put in the pen....dog hair stuck all over me :roll: I decide to let the 5 pygmy goats out to romp instead, they always follow me always.....wrong they decided to invade the p-nut hay one by one I pick em up and put them back up. by this time Im so hot my face is red I have dirt up to my elbows from pulling weeds, dog hair stuck all over me along with goat hair and looking pretty ratty, only to discover my husband watching the whole thing from a distance with his charming grin stretch across his face :lol: I love my kids my dogs my goats and my hubby but I find peace in front of the turts tank :wink:
Don't put a question mark (?) where God has already put a period (.)!
lydia_lady_fla

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:44 pm   

hahahaha... I use to raise Golden Retrievers so I'm well aware of the running around and hair everywhere. Never had grandkids and puppies at the same time but I did have 4 young children of my own :)
cam722
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:46 pm   

Those Horror stories are gonna be hard to top, I hope I never doImage
STRAYKINGFISHER

Return to Other Turtle Discussion