Other Turtle Discussion :: First Turtle

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:40 pm   First Turtle

I just got my first turtle and am not sure what kind it is. Alli know is its small (olny 2 - 2-1/4 inches long) and is green with yellow markings. Can someone please help.

Thank you
TurtleMan17

Post Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:52 pm   

can you get a pic? Does it have webbed feet? Did you buy it or find it somewhere? Does it have any color on it's head (red ears or just yellow markings)? If it was at a store, what did they tell you it was? What kind of setup did they have it in?
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:08 pm   

sorry cant find a way to post a pic. if you know please let me know. yes to webed feet cannot see red ears. I got it from a small pet shop, they diden't know what it was. i have it in a 5 gal. tank with rocks
TurtleMan17

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:49 am   

If you want, you can email me the pic and I'll post it. I can't believe that the pet store would sell something and not know what it is :roll: What kind of setup did they have it in? I'm thinking it's some kind of cooter or slider.

Here's a link with photos for aquatic turts. See if you can figure out what you have http://www.turtlefarms.com/hatchling.htm
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:44 am   

POSTING A PICTURE:
You can put a picture here like this:

1. You need to have your pictures in an on-line album like www.photobucket.com , which I use.
2. Under your picture there are three entries, the picture's url, the url for use on message boards with "IMG" in caps, and one for "Blogs"

3. Copy the plain "Url" (the first url in the picture)

4. On the message board you need to click on the "Img" button just above the square where you put your message

5. Paste the url from the picture and then click on the "Img" button again, when you click on the button the first time, the button will look like this "Img*", that is so you remember to click on it again to complete the picture posting.

I hope that helps.
:D
STRAYKINGFISHER

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:45 am   

Thanks for the link. im found out its a Peninsula Cooter. The setup is just a 5 gal. tank with some big rocks. i know its not much but im working on it. if you have any advice on new thing to put in the tank or how i can improve my turts living space please let me know.

Thanks

Last edited by TurtleMan17 on Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
TurtleMan17

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:52 am   

cooters and sliders are pretty similar as far as needs go. They do get considerably larger than sliders tho. I think they max out around 16 inches. Read the stickys on the site for setup and care info.
jenaero

Return to Other Turtle Discussion