Other Turtle Discussion :: my res do a funny weird thing its cute though

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:26 am   my res do a funny weird thing its cute though

they face each other and put there front paws together in front of them and jirate them at each other what is this they are doing does anyone know :lol:
Danielle :)
Owner of Stinky 5 and Foxy Cleopatra 4
djaaconn

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:00 am   

that's a mating dance, but also could be a territorial dispute. One telling the other to get out of his space. How big is the tank? How many turts do you have in there?
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:18 am   i have 2

i have 2 one is about 4 inches the other is about 5 they are a little over a year and they are in a 60 gallon tank for now til they get bigger
djaaconn

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:20 am   

If you have the money, they're big enough now for a larger tank. Think 10 gallons per inch of turtle. You've got 9 inches of turtle in there already. Look for at least 100 gal.
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:26 am   darn it i just put them in a new home

i just put them in the 60 and the look so tiny in it it swallows them i hope they will be fine til get the money to gether to get them a bigger one
djaaconn

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:33 am   

they will be as long as you've got all the other essentials. My turts are ready for an upgrade too but it'll have to wait..long story.
jenaero

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:40 am   they are my spoiled little babies

the have it all a few places to get dry a basking light the uv light and the love now im going to look for some big river rock at the store today they have a heater i dont wnat the water to drop below 77
djaaconn

Return to Other Turtle Discussion