Other Turtle Discussion :: A Save (not by me)

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:17 am   A Save (not by me)

I was driving out of the yard this AM when I noticed a truck stopped up the road just where a painted turtle had been hit about a week ago. The guy was carrying something across the road. I went up to him and he showed me a small boxie (he thought) that had been starting to cross the road. He walked with the turtle to the opposite side of the road and set the turtle down in the direction the turtle was going in the bushes. I was so amazed and pleased when he said he does this all the time. Before he left he said, "Turtles deserve to live too, you know." I could have smacked him on the kisser--he made my day. :)
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:45 pm   

Thanks for the story, I love stories like that, it makes my eyes watery, and that's not an easy thing for a man to admit. :D :D
STRAYKINGFISHER

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:44 pm   

thats awsome
GouzlanTheAmerican

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:38 pm   

That's great!
TexasJagsFan

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:22 pm   

Yeah, you should have seen the poor little thing. Crunched up into the shell so tight all that could be seen were the nares (nostrils). Someone really could have mistaken it for a little rock...
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Return to Other Turtle Discussion