Box Turtle and Tortoise Discussion :: Russian Tortoise Habitat Question -

A general forum for those with an interest in land-based turtles.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:18 pm   Russian Tortoise Habitat Question -

I am interested in planting some grass in my tank. I have some questions on it like, Wouldn't my burrowing tort just tear up all the roots and grass, if i decided to grow it in just one spot should i barrier it off until it is grown? Where can i buy grass seeds? and how much do they cost?

I want to add it so my turtle can eat it at will.. Do you just water it? how fast does it grow? thanks everyone!
2 RES Squirtle and Screw..
..Russian Tortoise Big Moe
ScrewZoo

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:45 pm   

The best thing to do would to join or sign up for a tortoise list. I highly recommend it! http://www.tortoisetrust.org/maillist.html
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:28 am   

steve wrote:The best thing to do would to join or sign up for a tortoise list. I highly recommend it! http://www.tortoisetrust.org/maillist.html

Don't got yahoo..Oh well!! Anyone else want to help? I am now planning to make the tank a terrarium.
ScrewZoo

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:42 am   

Seriously, just sign up for an ID. It's a fantastic list and you'll get the best care info on tortoises there. It's not a forum, though turtleforum.com has a lot of experienced tort keepers if you like that type of discussion style. Either one will provide vastly better tortoise care answers for you.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:16 am   

steve wrote:Seriously, just sign up for an ID. It's a fantastic list and you'll get the best care info on tortoises there. It's not a forum, though turtleforum.com has a lot of experienced tort keepers if you like that type of discussion style. Either one will provide vastly better tortoise care answers for you.

I am currently a member of www.russiantortoisepictures.com/forum which is a helpful site i just want some information from the turtle talk family, I know the tortoise section is not very active but there is one guy on here I am waiting to hear from, he has had grass in his tort or box turtle tank but later ill sign up for that news letter.
ScrewZoo

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:25 am   

If you are wanting to talk to a particular person you should pm them.
Red-Eared Sliders- Oogway, Franklin, Truffle, and Snaps
Goldfish- Comet, Chloe, Reginald, and Spike
Cats- Milo and Ty
TMNTmommie

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:52 am   

TMNTmommie wrote:If you are wanting to talk to a particular person you should pm them.

Several suggestions would be appreciated.
ScrewZoo

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:09 am   

your probably not going to get too many. most people here dont know much about tortoises. sign up for what steve mentioned.
Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall. Torque is how far you move a wall

1.0.0 Red Ear Slider-Cujo
0.2.0 part Boston Terrier part Pugs-Hershey and Lilly
Daniel3507

Return to Box Turtle and Tortoise Discussion