Box Turtle and Tortoise Discussion :: Won't eat out of dish

A general forum for those with an interest in land-based turtles.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:22 am   Won't eat out of dish

Dog won't eat out of his food dish unless he's really hungry. I thought he wasn't eating every day because of the season but I may be wrong. If I put his worms in his food dish, he'll look at them for a minute and walk away. The worms will dry up and be wasted.

If I put the worms in front of him on the dirt or further away in the dirt, he'll run right to them and chow down. I guess he prefers to 'hunt'. It's funny watching him because it almost looks like he's trying to stay out of view and then pounce :lol:
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:05 pm   

He's a natural hunter, I see. Are worms his favorite food?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:32 pm   

worms are really all he gets. I offer him fruits and veggies but he's shown no interest yet. He gets a variety tho. 6 different kinds of worms, vitamins every other day too. I've offered crickets on several occaisions and he stomps them to death and walks away.
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:27 pm   

jenaero wrote:I've offered crickets on several occaisions and he stomps them to death and walks away.

OK, for some reason, that sounds really cute. We need a Dog photo update :)
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:36 pm   

The guy at our office with the good digital cam was fired..lol. So I'll have to grab the crappy one and see what I can do.

Seems there's been a lot of good photo opportunities and I'm never prepared. I've asked the hubby for a digital cam for Christmas, we just have to find one that's compatible with the eMac.

The funniest one was yesterday. I have an oven rack on top of the res tank to keep them from getting out. Pandora climbed on top of Rocks and had her head stretched up thru the bars of the rack. She proceeded to try and squeeze through (not at ALL possible :lol:) and Rocks got sick of being used as a step-stool so she got down, leaving Pandora standing upright with her head thru the bars. So cute.

I'm going to get some pics of all of them soon. Then when we move I'm getting pics of our new reptile room, complete with new setup for the girls :-)
jenaero

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:00 am   

Any major brand (Canon, Olympus, Nikon) camera should work fine with Macs (though I don't know about HP and Sony models - they dislike Apple people).

However, all you need is a separate card reader ($5-10 USD) and you wouldn't have to worry about compatibility. :D
steve
Site Admin

Return to Box Turtle and Tortoise Discussion