Box Turtle and Tortoise Discussion :: I'm not going to the reptile show.

A general forum for those with an interest in land-based turtles.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:17 pm   I'm not going to the reptile show.

There's a show this sat. in Hamburg, PA. I want to go, but I'm afraid I'll be suckered into buying by a cute face. The problem is I haven't decided yet if I want a Boxed turtle or a Russian tort.
Can anyone help me decide? I've studied the care of both and neither will be a problem for me. Which one would be more entertaining/ interesting to own and watch?
Both have so much appeal i can't decide. Honestly if the Russian was more colorful and the viv. could be as planted as the boxie viv., the Russian would be a slam dunk.
just don't know. There will be a show in Reading, PA jan. 16 maybe I'll wait till then
pbullblue

Post Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:16 pm   

Tell you the truth both shows are bad timing and i would wait for better pickings. Its the start of winter and jan is to early.

You will see 85% less turtles at the show then going at a different time(summer/fall). Im pretty sure you will not see a box turtle even. Being breeders they probably let there box turtles even the extras they might have sold off go into hibernation.

It costs money to enter and not fun if you dont see what you want and have to go again.
Instagram: Diamondbacks4Life
Diamondbacks4Life

Post Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:29 pm   

That's good advice. I never even thought of that, Thank you. I probably will still go to the jan. show just to get out of the house. I will wait for a spring show to purchase though, that way I can have the habitat built and ready to go. I may be 39 but I still get anxious like a kid!
pbullblue

Return to Box Turtle and Tortoise Discussion