Box Turtle and Tortoise Discussion :: Sulcata....doesnt like weekly baths.

A general forum for those with an interest in land-based turtles.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:22 pm   Sulcata....doesnt like weekly baths.

My sulcata tortoise, Pharoah, who walked into my front yard 4 years ago and has become a member of our family, doesnt like weekly baths. How can I make him take them? Also, nothing they have at Petco water bowl-wise is nearly big enough for him. Where can I get giant water bowls where he can bathe? One final thing, he is dirty often, but I cant figure out how to clean his tail area or his legs, as he doent like baths. thanks for your help! ill send pics of him once i get him cleaned up. he is healthy other than pyramiding caused by malnourishment from before I got him when he escaped where ever he came from.
Ninjakiwi

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:45 pm   Re: Sulcata....doesnt like weekly baths.

If he had access to a shallow pool or something on a regular basis, you may find he won't need baths. Can you describe his enclosure? There's gotta be a way to rig something up so that he can drink and soak as needed.
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Return to Box Turtle and Tortoise Discussion