Box Turtle and Tortoise Discussion :: Mufasa and Serabi Hate Carrots and Tortoise Pellets...

A general forum for those with an interest in land-based turtles.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:09 pm   Mufasa and Serabi Hate Carrots and Tortoise Pellets...

Hey guys I have 2 Russian Tortoises that are 5-10 years old and have tried a few different kinds of veggies with them but they dont see to like carrots no matter what shape or size. I have tried diced carrots ive tried sliced carrots ive tried shredded carrots ive even tried carrot chips but they eat everything else and leave the carrots every time. They also do this with tortoise pellets. I put the carrots, pellets, celery, and bell peppers on the bottom of their bowl and then a hand full of the baby spring mix on top and they will eat the spring mix , celery, and bell peppers but will leave the carrots and pellets behind. And whats funny is that they keep going to their bowl through out the day and sniff inside the bowl and then look at me like what is junk you expect me to eat this lol. Let me know what you guys think.
55 gallon
4 baby RES all 2 inches genders unknown
4 cats(Simba, Nala, Dot, and Freeway)
and my husband

1 Baby Russian Tortoise Gender Uknown size:2 inches or so Name: Pancake
TurtleGirl1985

Return to Box Turtle and Tortoise Discussion