Box Turtle and Tortoise Discussion :: Look at what I found today...

A general forum for those with an interest in land-based turtles.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:55 pm   Look at what I found today...

I had to go back home this morning from work and look who was in our yard. He/she was not that shy either. When I picked him/her up for the pictures he/she did tuck his/her head in but as soon as I started to set him/her back down he/she was right back out looking at me. So I guess having to drive all the way back home and then back to work was worth it after all. I thought its shell color was so pretty. I picked him/her up so that you all could get an idea on how big he/she was. This is the first one I have got to photographe this year. It was very exciting. LOL

Eastern Box

8 RES: Tampa, Bay, Exclamation (Male R.I.P. 2-10-07), Question-mark, Tiny Tim, Pan Handle (Male), Squirt, & Crush.

KI4JAV

www.notyourdaddysguncases.com
TinySlider2

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:11 pm   

wow...surprised it let you pick it up....it would be neat to stumble across that in your yard
Elphaba-1 1/2 yr red ear
Fringe- at least 1 yr yellow-belly
2 other recently adopted red ears same age
Diamond cocker spaniel
Johann shih tzu
johann's mom

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:51 pm   

Beautiful! :)

I remember your pics from last year, but they weren't even from your yard, right? (I think it was when you all went hiking or to the mountains) It would be neat to see one up close again. It's been since I was a kid that I've seen a boxie in the wild.

All I get in our yard are rabbits and a groundhog that tries to eat my plants. :D
~~~Sonja~~~
sonyj

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:09 pm   

We found a bunch last year in the mountains. We go up to the mountains a lot. As a matter of fact we are going this evening when I get off work. We also found 2 on the road last year. Steven has found 1 or 2 in the yard since we moved in to the new house in April. He didn't get pictures of them. Also on Saturday I had went to my parents house and was walking through the yard and looked down and there was a little turtle up side down. Sad to say it was only a shell. It was the size of a half dollar. The little baby didn't make it. I think it was a eastern box.
8 RES: Tampa, Bay, Exclamation (Male R.I.P. 2-10-07), Question-mark, Tiny Tim, Pan Handle (Male), Squirt, & Crush.

KI4JAV

www.notyourdaddysguncases.com
TinySlider2

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:58 pm   

very cool!
3 turts 2 eastern painted and 1 RES
Andrew7769

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:39 pm   

Nice looking turtle!
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:44 pm   

Wow, that turtle looks very healthy! Thanks for sharing!
Kristin's Pond! Starring:

RES = "Sheba", 21+ yrs. old
African Clawed Frog = "Prog", 10 yrs old
& "Kristin" as Momma
industrial_girl_2000

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:20 am   

What a gorgeous turtle!
I used to be a reptile expert. Now I'm just an old turtle lover.
reptilegrrl

Return to Box Turtle and Tortoise Discussion