Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Hi. I'm Skippah.

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2015 1:01 pm   Hi. I'm Skippah.

I don't think i posted a topic here, so i will now. (if i did already, sorry!)

I have a Juvenile Female Red Eared Slider named Skipper, who seems to be extremely happy (as of May 6, 2015), In her 55 Gallon (tall, sorry Skipper) aquarium, with an ATBP (for newer keepers, that means Above Tank Basking Platform), A Fluval 406 canister filter (its for around 150 gallons), and lots of plastic plants.

Here is the development of her aquarium to what it is now: the very first setup i had was this same 55 gallon tall aquarium, with a gravel slope (tons of gravel in her tank!) for a basking platform (it was always wet!), a tetra fauna in-tank decorative filter, and about 4 inches of mucky water, with no plastic plants or anything! (well, 3 tiny brightly colored ones from Walmart)
the second setup was still in the 55 gallon tall, still with gravel, but with a higher water line and a zoo-med turtle dock. here is a picture (the first one taken of her!)
FIRST SKIPPER-PIC..JPG
ta-da!
FIRST SKIPPER-PIC..JPG (8.54 KiB) Viewed 3679 times

the third setup was same tank, filter on a container, and same basking platform, but with river rocks and zero gravel.
and the fourth setup was with the ATBP at first, but it didn't work, so then it was back to the third setup.
and the fifth setup was pretty much what i have now.

p.s. does anyone have a good feeding list so i can be sure she will shed? thanks.
1 red eared slider
1 mutt
2 minnows
1 ranchu goldfish
3 sarassa comets
1 dojo loach?
3 zebra danios
1 betta
3 white clouds
3 harlequin rasboras
Skippah

Post Posted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:39 am   Re: Hi. I'm Skippah.

There are lots of lists, though it's tricky to know what makes them shed. I think lots of basking/UVB are most beneficial. Wheat germ pellets seem to help too. Some think blue berries help, but I think that's more of a guess than anything else.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:25 am   Re: Hi. I'm Skippah.

i have everything exept wheat germ, wich i can get.
1 red eared slider
1 mutt
2 minnows
1 ranchu goldfish
3 sarassa comets
1 dojo loach?
3 zebra danios
1 betta
3 white clouds
3 harlequin rasboras
Skippah

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.