Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Gordo & Gorda Say Hi

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:12 am   Gordo & Gorda Say Hi

tank.jpg
tank.jpg (87.68 KiB) Viewed 5476 times
Hello everyone. My first post on this new site. Looks like alot of good information sharing here. Owner of two RES. Just launched a new 90 gallon Frag tank for my RES along with some Live bearing fish. Male is Gordo and Female is Gorda, found while on a run in Alviso, CA. Looking forward to learning more from everyone. Hope you enjoy the Pics!
Attachments
couple.jpg
couple.jpg (95.37 KiB) Viewed 5476 times
turtlefrag

Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:36 am   Re: Gordo & Gorda Say Hi

Love your habitat.. They must really love it in there.. Can you give dimensions on the the tank? Also do you have all live plants in there of are they plastic.. I would love to do something like this for Philbert one day..

WELCOME to the Group.. :mrgreen: :msgreen:
Midland Painted--Philbert--SIP :(
1-2 1/4" Mississippi Map Turtle(Male)--Atlas
1-2 1/2" Western Painted Turtle (male)--Titan
40 gallon tank
unclejoe

Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:53 am   Re: Gordo & Gorda Say Hi

Great looking tank! Same with the turtles. I'd love to see more pics as well :)
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:48 pm   Re: Gordo & Gorda Say Hi

Tank dimension
48'' x 36" x 12"
20 Gallon Sump underneath

The tank has been running about 60 days now so its a work in progress. Recently added the spider wood allowing the fish to easily swim away from a hungry turtle. Lost a few in the beginning but I realized i could make easy exit routes for the fish and not for the turtles. This allows them to coexist. Havent lost a fish now in 30 days. :) although i am sure it will happen again which is why I will never invest in expensive fish. Molly, Platy, swordtail, ghost shrimp....beautiful low cost fish. As for live plants, so far I have tried Java Fern (they tore it up but dont eat it), Java Moss (like to play in it but dont eat it), and a moss ball which they have ignored so far. I am still experimenting but see little hope of successfully growing live plants as the turtle are curious and energetic and like to move things around in the tank. I was surprised to see them move some rocks and the spiderwood with ease...Need to be secured. I will add more pics soon with the fish.
turtlefrag

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:53 am   Re: Gordo & Gorda Say Hi

That is an AWESOME habitat. Nice job, man!
sansbacon

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:30 pm   Re: Gordo & Gorda Say Hi

Hello Gordo & Gorda (and owner) :D I also want to compliment your tank size, because boy that is HUGE!

It looks great too. I'm sorry to hear about the fish and turtle problems you had prior though - heck, I didn't know that turtles can prey on fish. What types of fish do you have in your tank right now?
"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."
Protracturtle

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.