Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Turtle Gran

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:02 pm   Turtle Gran

Hi all,

I inherited a red eared slider when my eldest daughter went off to work overseas in a gap year between HS grad and college. I figured "Mikey" aka "Michelangelo" would return to her at some later date, but he became mine. Mikey (a she as it turns out) is now 9 years old.

I joined to ask a question about care due to an issue.

I'll go post in the appropriate place. Nice to be in a turtle lovers place.
Muskoka77

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:45 pm   Re: Turtle Gran

Welcome to the forum! Your daughter and grandturtle are lucky to have you :D
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:50 am   Re: Turtle Gran

Welcome to the forums as well. It is a great place to share your experiences coming, post photos of your granturtle and learn. I am a duel citizen of the United Kingdom and America and lived all my life between both Nations. I was always gutted relocating back to England as a child growing up and needing to leave my reptile kids behind. The paperwork involved for reptiles is very intense and the inspections that they go through and cost factors forced me to do this unfortunately. Now being semi retired and never leaving America to live anywhere else out of the Country again, I can enjoy the reptile kidos. I am sure your daughter misses it and ask for photos though and happy that the turtle is now with you. They have outstanding personalities that I am sure you will enjoy all the way around. Welcome to the turtle world too.
Confirmed Sexed Pair of Albino Red Ear Sliders, Baby Albino and Hybino Red Ear Slider and Adult Normal Male Red Ear Slider
Tampa Bay Turtle Fan

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.