Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: hey ya'll

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:38 pm   hey ya'll

Good evening I am joining this forum cause I am looking for advice on the new tank we are building for my RES. It is going to be a 180 gal tank with 150 swim-able gallons. It will be 4' x 3' x 24'' and what I want to do but an under-gravel filtration system along with a canister type water filter. I need recommendations please and thank you. And I am sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot. Ohh and here is some info about my Loretta. 2 years ago a friends daughter was off to college and all my friends know I am Ellie May Clampett. So I take the turtle she was about 3 inches long at the time and in a 10 gal tank not much room. So my husband fiber glassed my old 3' x 3' gecko habitat and a few other modifications it was great. well now 2 years later she is 9" long and if we don't watch the water level close, it is like you and I driving in the shallow end of a swimming pool, NOT good. So she is getting an upgrade. Thanks again!
Hopewa

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:35 pm   Re: hey ya'll

Welcome to the forum! As far as I understand, under-gravel filtration systems don't work well with turtle waste. A powerful canister like an FX6 should suffice, though maybe some custom filtration is possible.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.